Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
More Information

Ways to Experience Across Country Quad Bikes
from $125.20
More Info
All reviews great fun wet weather gear great trip terrain brendan rainforest activity guide bed heaps
Selected filters
Reviewed March 5, 2017

First time on a quad bike and loved it. Quite challenging and a bit scary in parts but great fun.
Excellent guide. Glad I plucked up the courage to do it.

Date of experience: March 2017
Quad B, Front Office Manager at Across Country Quad Bikes, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2017

Hi there,

Thank you for giving us a review, we really appreciate it!

We love taking first time quad bikers on our tours and getting to show them the wonderful world of quad biking!

We are glad you plucked up the courage as well!

Reviewed March 4, 2017

So glad we chose to do this as it was one of the greatest experiences we had in NZ. We were going to share a bike but decided after the trial run that we would definitely like a bike each. Jamie was an excellent guide and we tore around the river bed through water and mud and rocks and also through the forest. Kept up with the gappies, with maybe a few more screams, and we are in our sixties. So don't let age put you off!! Really well run operation. Thank you so much.

Hi there,

Thank you for this amazing review, we really appreciate it when people take the time to give them to us.

One of the greatest experiences! That is such an honor. We love that our track goes though such a range of terrains.

Sounds like you guys had a really good time out there and managed to keep up with the younger ones, well done.

Thank you again for taking the time to write us a review and also for coming with us on one of our trips,

Reviewed March 4, 2017

Great fun over various terrains, bumpy at times but nothing awful if you follow the guide
Well organised and lovely people

Date of experience: March 2017
1  Thank 495Hilaryjeant

Hi there,

Thank you for giving us this review!

We are really lucky that we can take our clients on such a vast terrain.

Reviewed March 3, 2017

Our Instructor Sarah was a super cool and very awesome guide who gave clear instructions with safety being no #1 rule. It was a great 2 hour quad biking adventure through the rain forest, river bed creek, mud and water! I had so much fun and my Mum 68 years old who was a passenger with instructor Sarah had a blast on her 1st Quad Biking experience. Great views of Franz Josef Glacier from the ground. I highly recommend this great and fun experience!

Hi there,

Thank you for this excellent review!

Sounds like you guys really enjoyed your experience with us.

Sarah is a great guide and I am glad she gave your Mum a blast on her first experience with quad bikes.

Thank you again for this review!

Reviewed March 3, 2017

Exhilarating, fun & scary all at the same time. The girls were great in helping us dress & put out helmets on, as well as helping me put my GoPro on my helmet - nothing was a problem for them. The ride is out of this world - we go through a forest, mud & drive on top of where a glacier use to be & look at another glacier in the distance - you can't beat that! If you're a bit concerned about speed/control, they cater to that by providing a second guide who goes slower with her ducklings. We kept lagging behind the fast guide as we were at the end of the duckling line...wondering which direction she & the other ducklings had gone. But, most times the guide would stop & then to wait for us. I got bogged in very deep mud & that was just another exciting moment for me - the guide instructed me to put my bike in 4-wheel drive mode & voila, out of the bog I went. We had a ball...another experience off my bucket list!

1  Thank marypappas1

Hi there,

First of all thank you for taking the time out of your day to write us this great review!

Sounds like you have had a great time out on our track and really got what we are all about.

Glad you managed to get the quad out of the bog hole, hope you got nice and muddy!

Thanks again for the review.