“Comfortable Stay and a Beautiful Location”
Review of Rainforest Retreat

Rainforest Retreat
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Franz Josef
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
“Comfortable Stay and a Beautiful Location”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Rainforest retreat was one of the most beautiful places we stayed in New Zealand. We stayed for a night in Queen Ensuite on 24-Apr-2011 and the place was very serene.

It has a beautiful mountain background and a stay there can really refresh one after a hard day of glacier hiking. One just needs to let oneself soak in the beauty of the greenery all around and the freshness of the cool breeze.

The place was very neat, cosy and comfortable. The interiors of the room were simple but elegant.

There is a feel good factor about the place and I definitely recommend this place for anyone visiting Franz Josef.

I have attached few pics of my room.

Thanks and regards,
Vivek Barnwal

Room Tip: Just go with the flow and let yourself enjoy the beautiful place
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We stayed in the Rainforest Retreat for one night during a tour of the South Island. After a whole day driving, seeing the glaciers and visiting the hot pools (recommended!) we were pretty tierd by the time we arrived so decided to eat in the on site Monsoon Bar which was lovely. The food was good and the sevice was great - the girls behind the bar were very helpful with things to do and where the local shops were etc.
The room we had booked was a queen en-suite. We were please to see the room was clean and tidy but it was very very small. This wasn't an issue for us as we were staying for one night only.
The biggest complaint we had was that it was just so noisy. There seemed to be no noise proofing in the rooms as we could hear everything the people above us were saying.
There was also loud music until 1am which was a little annoying.
All in all, for the money we paid I would have expected better, comparing it it other placed we stayed during our trip.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank leanne u
rainforestFranzJosef, General Manager at Rainforest Retreat, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Hi Leanne,
Thank you for your review. I am very pleased that you found the staff helpful and the food and service was great. Its also great to hear you found your room clean and tidy. However I'm am very sorry that you encountered noise during your stay. We are about to under take building measures to improve soundproofing between our en-suite rooms. I'm sorry this had not happened prior to your stay. I would love the opportunity to change your opinion of the Rainforest and invite you to come and stay again, I will personally ensure your enjoyment. Please contact me direct oscar@rainforestretreat.co.nz
I look forward to hearing from you,
Kind Regards,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I was travelling on my own and decided to treat myself to 2 nights in one of the tree huts here. It was lovely, tucked away from the backpacker and motel accommodation. The room had tea and coffee making, a great shower, very comfy bed and a cute decking with table and chairs. Staying in the tree hut meant you could also use the private hot tub for free. The reception were very friendly and welcoming. I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Hi Suepem

Thank you for such a "lovely" review. I'm glad you enjoyed the Tree Huts so much, I love those rooms too. I hope the rest of your travels were fun filled and that you can make it back to us one day.
Kind regards
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 9, 2012

We stayed in a motel room. It was really comfortable, spacious and clean. All of the staff were friendly and helpful. We ate at the Monsoon Bar, which was delicious and good value. The Rainforest Retreat is well located for the shops and access to the glacier. It is quite big so is not necessarily the most peaceful place and there was a bit of noise at night from other guests. Nonetheless our room was very private and overall we really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi Henry,
Thank you for your great review. I agree the food at the Monsoon is delicious, Irene, our chef really does cook such tasty meals.
I hope you can make it back here one day.
Kind Regards
Ireland
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Ratings of this site are confused because there are several types of accommodation, from campsite to motel. We stayed in a campervan at a powered site which we thought excellent, even though the men’s shower and toilet facilities were in process of renovation and in temporary accommodation. The site has its own bar/restaurant (motto over the door: “If it rains, we pour” – the first day we laughed, the second day it and they poured!) which is good to have, also a free hot tub, good cooking facilities including free gas barbecues. Spectacular rainforest setting, quite close to “town” of which there is not very much. One of the best sites we stayed at.

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello and thank you for such a wonderful review.
I'm so happy that you felt we are one of the best sites you stayed at and you found the setting so spectacular. We are very lucky to live in such a beautiful spot.
I hope the rest of your travels were as enjoyable and that we see you again one day.
Kind regards
Nelson, New Zealand
Reviewed June 5, 2012

I stayed in one of their ensuite double rooms in May 2012. The bathroom was small but very clean, the room itself was also very clean and I had a comfy double bed as well as a single bed (which was great to place the suitcase ;) )
I also had a TV, fridge and working heater!!!
The location of the Retreat is fantastic, the bar serves great food and has a great atmosphere, also very handy if it rains as you don't have to walk far! (Their slogan is very fitting 'It rains, we pour')
The Rainforest Retreat really caters for all sorts of travelers and I can only recommend it!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Thank you so much Miriam for such a positive review.
I'm glad you enjoyed the Monsoon bar so much, It really does have a great atmosphere. Please let me know if you come again as I'd to shout you a drink or two at the bar.
Kind Regards
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Had a great stay at the Rainforest retreat. We stayed Saturday night and Sunday night. However we were woken up by a large group of people who had left the pub when it closed and the noise continued until 4am. There was a lot of yelling from other guests to get them to be quiet. So not the quietest place to stay but apart from that we enjoyed the room and facilities.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple