1,635 results
All reviews tree lodge monsoon restaurant all you can eat the kitchen pizza night kiwi experience private spa restaurant bar log cabin back packers hot tub camper van powered site on site restaurant bed dorm new zealand in town
Reviewed April 1, 2012

I stayed here for one night in January during a tour.
We arrived at the hotel after visiting the Glaciers - this accommodation is around 30 minutes drive away.
Check-in was easy, I shared a room with 2 other girls. Our room was of a standard size and consisted of 2 bunk beds. The bathroom was very small. The sink tiny and the shower was OK. We had a frdige in room with a kettle and coffee/tea.
We had dinner at the hotel, the food was good. I had Saugages with Mash and then a chocolate cake for dessert. I enjoyed both meals.
This accommodation has an onsite bar and most nights they do Karaoke which was very fun! They also have a pool table.
300m down the road are some Natural Hot Springs, I would recommend that you take time out to visit them. They're open til late at night and have 3 different temperate pools.
Breakfast was included and was continental/english. I had bacon with bread which was good.
Overall I would stay here again. The rainforest surroundings make this hotel one to remember.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 28, 2012

We stayed in the Treehouse & it was amazing! Well furnished, clean, comfortable beds, nice deck. The front desk staff were very friendly & the restaurant had great food. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 27, 2012

This was a great place to stay- affordable dorm prices and a nice set up. The bathroom facilities and kitchen facilities were very clean. There were also lots of computers which was great. My bed was very uncomfortable-but I think I was just unlucky and was staying in a dorm with old wooden beds. I think most of the other dorms had more modern bunks. The staff were nice and helpful. It is a nice location as well, it is opposite the glacier pools and about 5 minutes from the centre of town.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 25, 2012

My boyfriend and I camped on their "tent site" which was a glorified gravel pad with a few blades of grass here and there right next to the children's play area. Not ideal, but at least it is located in the Franz Josef Village and the showers were great.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 24, 2012

I was very impressed with Rainforest Retreat. I stayed in a 4 bed dorm and was impressed. The room was a cosy with 2 sets of bunk beds, ensuite shower room and a fridge. The complex is lovely with lots of trees and has accommodation suitable for everyone. They have a camp area, dorms, motel rooms and little tree huts and houses. There certainly is something for all budgets. I didn't eat in the restaurant but did have a beer in the bar one evening. Franz is a small town and the hostel is only a few minutes walk from the main street which has the supermarket and pubs and cafes. I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo