“Casual venue with decent food”
Review of Snake Bite Brewery

Snake Bite Brewery
Ranked #2 of 20 Restaurants in Franz Josef
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Asian Street Food and Kiwi Favourites. Experience a variety of authentic dishes from Southeast Asia. Beer is what we unashamedly love. Some of NZ's best Craft Beers in stock. Start the day with a hearty breakfast. Served from 7:30am We bake our own pies, cakes and slices daily.
Reviewed April 3, 2014

We decided to dine here to get a change of cuisine, during our trip around South Island. It came recommended by the concierge at Te Waonui. Although a booking was made for us on this Saturday night, it was not needed as the restaurant was only half full. As the restaurant name implies, the menu had a mix of dishes from different countries within Asia (Chinese, Thai, Malaysian, etc). We had a three course meal and were quite pleased with the food, which was consistently good. Service too was very friendly and reasonably efficient. Including a couple of drinks, the bill came to NZ$160. This seemed a bit high, given that this was a fairly casual venue, but in a tourist town like Franz Josef, I’m sure this is to be expected. We were satisfied on the whole and would certainly consider returning if we were back in NZ at some point…

Reviewed March 30, 2014

I was dining alone and found the staff very helpful and friendly, putting me at my ease immediately. I ordered the vegetarian Pad Thai which was very tasty indeed, and had a lovely glass of Pinot Noir. I love Asian cuisine and was very pleased to find this lovely restaurant on the Main Street in Franz Josef. I would definitely recommend it.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

We chose a couple of starters and main courses with a couple of beers followed by a dessert and not disappointed at all the dumplings were excellent thin and well filled with prawn. The surroundings ar every modernistic white with coloured lights, the staff are great and very helpful. Its the one place we have been where water is served ice cold in coloured bottles and matching glassess.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

Been here a few times for a coffee and a cake. Everything is always absolutely delicious. I did order a smoothie and it took half an hour to come out after I had already eaten my brownie and my boyfriend had long finished his coffee. The guy is so nice I just couldn't bring myself to complain. All the staff are so nice! Coffee is fantastic! The place is clean and great decor. Love the blankets and the magazines.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

We were expecting little from such a small town, but we very surprised by the high quality of the food in this place. Great Asian fusion cooking in a quirkily decorated space. The portions were generous and the ingredients good. Breakfast is also worth having here, and there's a good selection of locally-brewed beers.