I can't say I'd visit Punga Grove again though it seemed to be nicer than the other hotels in the area. It was overpriced at 250 a night and while it was relatively clean, it was a buggy area (rainforest, not a surprise) and hardly a place I would be anxious to return to. That being said, it was conveniently located in the middle of Franz Joseph town. I found the manager/host, pleasant enough but in general, these townsfolk were far less friendly than I have found across the rest of the country.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Punga Grove offers stylish motel accommodation in the heart of Franz Josef Glacier village. Set amongst beautiful native bush with the lush rainforest at your doorstep with a stunning backdrop of high alpine peaks, Punga Grove is your natural West Coast accommodation choice for your stay in Glacier Country in New Zealand. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Punga Grove Motel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Punga Grove Motel And Suites
- Punga Grove Hotel Franz Josef