We stayed here for two nights whilst visiting the Glaciers. This motel was the best 'motel' we have stayed in on our journey across New Zealand.
Our studio was very spacious, clean and had full cooking facilities which was excellent. It had a dining table with chairs and huge amounts of floor space which is extremely rare for motel style accommodation. We also used the laundry facilities located on site. We arrived in the pouring rain, the umbrellas outside were a great idea for guests to use.
Like all accommodation in Franz Josef, this is a few mins stroll from everything you would need including the supermarket, coffee shop and bar. This motel was excellent value for money and we would not hesitate to return here or recommend to others passing this lovely little town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Punga Grove offers stylish motel accommodation in the heart of Franz Josef Glacier village. Set amongst beautiful native bush with the lush rainforest at your doorstep with a stunning backdrop of high alpine peaks, Punga Grove is your natural West Coast accommodation choice for your stay in Glacier Country in New Zealand. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Punga Grove Motel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Punga Grove Hotel Franz Josef
- Punga Grove Motel And Suites