“Amazing first time experience!”
Review of Skydive Franz

Skydive Franz
More attraction details
Owner description: New Zealand's Highest Tandem Skydive - 19,000ft. Be surrounded by Aoraki/ Mount Cook & Tasman, Franz & Fox Glaciers, Rainforest & Ocean for your Skydive. Our Friendly team and epic surroundings provide simply the best skydiving experience available in New Zealand! Choose From: 9000ft, 20+ seconds freefall, 13,000ft - 50+ seconds free-fall 16,500ft - 65+ seconds free-fall 19,000ft - 80+ seconds free-fall All of these options include a scenic flight over Franz Josef Glacier and a 6-8 minute parachute ride. We use the world's most advanced and most comfortable parachute systems.Our aircraft is maintained and operated to the highest standard in the industry. Photo & DVD options available.
Reviewed January 16, 2014

This was mine and my girlfriend's first ever skydive. We did 12,000 feet and were a little scared but it was awesome in the end! It was only really scary for the first 5 seconds. The staff were all great, friendly and professional. The views were excellent. Would easily go again, with this company or any other.

SkydiveFranz, Front Office Manager at Skydive Franz, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2014

Hi there, we are super glad you and your girlfriend enjoyed your first skydive here in Franz! Our team does do a good job at trying to distract the mind from being so nervous! We would love to see you back this way, maybe to the top level next time, 18000 feet!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

It has been about a year since we skydived with Skydive Franz and the memories are still very vivid in my mind. That shows how much we really treasure the skydiving experience in Franz Josef. I remembered the experience not because it was scary, but because of the effort and the attitude the whole Skydive Franz team made to make the whole experience so much more enjoyable.

It was my other half and my first time sky diving so we were naturally nervous. Especially when we are slightly acrophobic! It was a huge leap of faith into skydiving but I’m glad we did it. We were at Punakaiki Pancake Rocks where we booked the skydiving trip at the tourist information.

We went for the full package including the videography and photos and we didn’t regret it as it was a once in a lifetime experience. The pick up was from the tourist information at Franz Josef itself. Once we reached at the appointed time, there was a couple of people to pick us up and brought us to the airstrip where the planes are. Then we were given our suits and goggles to protect ourselves with. All throughout the journey the people were chatting with us to calm our nerves down and it really helped. When the plane took off, we started to go higher and higher and that’s when we started feeling more nervous but then the chatting with the rest of the crew really helped to calm us down. When the door opened, out we went and started the descent. About 30-45 seconds into the dive, my instructor opened the parachute and that’s when we started to see the beautiful landscape of the glaciers and mountains in the south island.

Excellent service and I would recommend this to anyone who wants to skydive and especially if it will be your first time as the service is so good you won’t feel that nervous, and perhaps even go for a second round. 5 stars and certainly recommended!

SkydiveFranz, Front Office Manager at Skydive Franz, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Hello..and thank you for your review of Skydive Franz. We are glad you had a fantastic time and im happy to hear our staff managed to calm the nerves enough for you to enjoy your jump! ! Thanks again for jumping with us!

Reviewed November 19, 2013

My wife and I went skydiving with Skydive Franz on November 19. This was the first time skydiving for both of us. We did the 18,000 foot jump. We are both 62 and after the dive wondered "why did we wait so long!"

Lee jumped with my wife and Chris jumped with me. They were both great. They did their best to make sure we weren't overly nervous. They were very informative as to what we should expect and what we needed to do and when.

I have issues with my sinuses and Chris gave me some advice on how to deal with that.

We got the pictures and videos for both of us and highly recommend them. (Usually we don't buy pictures as they usually are overpriced and then go in a box at home but this was a special event for us.)

I can't imagine a more beautiful location to go skydiving. Before we dove, the plane toured around the glaciers giving us a great tour of the area. If you do this skydive you really don't need to do the helicopter or plane tours in my opinion. Given the beauty of the area, what a great place for a first skydive.

We loved it and would highly recommend it, regardless of your age or experience.

SkydiveFranz, Front Office Manager at Skydive Franz, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Thank you for your review! A first skydive is an awesome experience and it takes some guts to go straight to 18,000ft..so well done!! We are glad to have been able to help you enjoy your adventure and hope you enjoy watching your DVD and photographs with your friends and family.
It was a pleasure jumping with you. Many Thanks from the Skydive Franz Team.

Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

I am so glad that after two days the sun came up! This was one of the most crazy experiences ever! The free fall took ages and ages, and that's exactly what I wanted. Lovely and patient receptionists and crazy skydive crew! Pictures and movie absolutely stunning!

Thank you for your review! We are glad you enjoyed your skydive experience! I hope you can enjoy your DVD and Photographs for years to come and keep reliving your memories! It was a pleasure jumping with you! Many Thanks from The Skydive Franz Team.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

fantastic staff!!! my aim was to do a skydive while I was on my holidays from Ireland, I would 100% recommend Skydive Franz! The guys were so friendly, it was surprising to find out that the driver of our bus was our pilot! pure class!! WOW! On cloud nine still after it! I decided to get photo's and dvd, well worth it! I am delighted with the way both turned out! everything is done so professionally! Highly recommend this experience! Can't wait to tell all my friends back in Ireland about it! Would do it again in the morning! Since I was extra nervous since it was my first jump the guys were so nice and friendly! The guy I had helping me get organized was Chris, he was also attached on to me while I was doing my jump! A COOL GUY!! Loved every second!!

SkydiveFranz, Front Office Manager at Skydive Franz, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Hello..and thank you for your review of Skydive Franz. We are glad you had a fantastic time and that you are still enjoying the buzz! I am glad our staff helped make you comfortable and welcome and hope your DVD and photographs help make your memories last! Thanks again for jumping with us!