“Good trail for run”

Greenwood, South Carolina, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good trail for run”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

When I lived in Greenwood, I often enjoying trail run there. Around 10 miles good for me. Love the woods, ponds, birds, and wild animals. Back to the nature!

Visited September 2013

Aiken, South Carolina
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Full of history”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

This is a little out of the way place, in a quaint South Carolina small town. Well kept, friendly staff and a great movie. My grandson went to school down the road, and every time I would pick him up, he would want to go by the site. It was a fantastic way for him (and myself) to learn more about the history of the area. If you are in the area, make sure to allow several hours to tour the entire site. Lots of walking if you are so inclined.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank TerryReady
Columbia, South Carolina
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“A great road trip stop”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

We decided to stop by the 96 Historic Site on a whim during a road trip and I'm glad we did! We stopped by the visitors center first and the staff took their time talking to us and explaining all that the park had to offer. We had a great time walking around the main trail and reading about the history of the battle field along the way. Our dog had a great time too! I would love to go back when we have more time to explore the other trails.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank KKovich
Florida
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“History and Nature”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I was a bit concerned by another review that said "I'm glad that I took a few minutes to stop here" I thought this would be a very small and short visit. I went with my grandchildren (5 and 6 years old) short attention spans, but we spent almost 3 hours here. There is a 20 minute film which is quite interesting, a small museum which they went through in about 15 minutes, but the park itself includes a nice walking tour of the battlefield, the star fort, and the stockade fort with plaques to guide you. The reason I only rated it very good was that there is not much in the way of recreation of the original structure, the "star fort" is only a mound of dirt now covered with grass, the village is 4 posts marking the original corners.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank ThoRei1899
Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Important historical site”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

This National Park is well-maintained and provides an opportunity to walk in the paths of history. We missed the movie in the visitor's center, but enjoyed the visit with a park ranger in the cabin.
The restrooms were blissfully cool on the hot day that we visited!

Visited August 2013