“Delicious wraps..”

Cook Saddle Cafe & Saloon
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Cook Saddle Cafe and Saloon offers locals and visitors a variety of menu options at reasonable prices in a warm and friendly country atmosphere.Our wide menu selection includes ala carte and group menu’s, while our popular western style meals are enjoyed by young and old. A children’s menu is available and we endeavour to meet special dietary requirements upon request.The restaurant offers indoor and outdoor dining and during the cooler months visitors can relax and unwind by the cosy open fire.The saloon is full of local history, a comfortable place for visitors to the West Coast region to catch up with the locals and perhaps hear a few good old stories from days gone by!
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

Popped in here for lunch on our arrival to Fox Glacier for two nights.. did a quick trip advisor check and picked this place purely by looks.. and it didn't let us down.
We had a delicious warm chicken wrap and tasty coffee (with a bonus cookie)..
I do think it's a bit rude to charge for tomato sauce ($1& then they just put the bottle on your table) I understand charging for gravy etc but a basic sauce should be included in the price of your chunky fries.. other then that I highly recommend this place for a delicious lunch.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Possibly the worst food experience my partner and i have ever had. We waited almost an hour for our food to arrive only to be given part of what we ordered which needed to be sent back to correct. The food was terrible!! The fish was dry and the shanks were bland. Towards the end of my meal a dirty dish cloth flew from the behind the bar into my dish! The staff apologised and at the end of the night took a drink off the order, which was completely over priced, almost $100 for 2 mains, an entree, 2 beers and a wine.

In the end my partner was still fuming when we got home she went back to tell them how disgusted she was about the whole experience. The whole bill was refunded but even so the meals were not worth eating for free.

2  Thank Bedderz
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Great Atmosphere, fantastic service and the food was sensational. We were travelling in a Jucy Van and decided to splurge and go out for dinner. Seriously, the Ribs were to die for.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

The waiting staff are friendly and we got our drinks promptly, we did wait a while (I started taking notice after a while and counted at least 20 mins) for food but oh boy it was worth it! We had venison sausages with roasted tomato and mashed potato. The sausages were excellent, it was real mashed potato and the simple roasted tomato with it was delicious. Definitely worth the wait but I would not recommend if u were under specific time pressures. Nice choices on the menu, fair prices, satisfying portion sizes, and a great atmosphere in the pub itself, the highlight of this part of our trip, excluding the glaciers, of course!

Reviewed December 31, 2013

We stopped to eat lunch here before going to Fox Glacier. We ordered ciders and fish and chips. Then we proceeded to wait over 45 minutes for our food. When the food came out, it was really good. So I suppose if you don't mind the wait, go ahead and eat here.

The thing that bothered me was no one came over to apologize or anything. It was like business as usual. We saw quite a few people just leave before their food came out.

If you are interested in hearing more about our New Zealand vacation, please visit my blog at yvetterene.blogspot.com.au.

1  Thank TheYvetteRene