“Only average”

Cafe Neve
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 2, 2012

This place has a good ambience, friendly waitresses and decent wine at reasonable prices for NZ. However the lamb salad was knee deep in onions and the pizza base tasted like hot cardboard. I would not go back but I doubt that many people do. This is a place that you spend one night in and but one meal so the restaurants don't need to worry too much about quality.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

The service was friendly enough but the food was very disappointing. We hadn't been here for a couple of years, it was always fantastic in our previous visits. I ordered the poached eggs on toast...on the menu they were advertised as 'free range'. Big mistake then for the owner to walk through the restaurant with a box of budget eggs from the shop next door and hand them over to the chef. I guess you could argue that they were free range eggs in a budget box, but I think not, we have our own chickens and know what a free range egg looks and tastes like. When my breakfast arrived (on a cold plate) I got 2 of the smallest eggs I have ever seen, over cooked, on two slices of thin white dry budget bread, not buttered and none supplied. Certainly not worth $12. My partner had the standard breakfast, very ordinary, same deal with the eggs, everything a bit overcooked. The coffee was ok, but not very hot. Another couple had to wait at the counter for ages to pay their bill while the owner was outside drinking coffee with one of the locals.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Stopped for breakfast and had the best green tea ever! Free range eggs were served and we all enjoyed the food. The place is very pleasant and small touches like the folded toilet tissue were appreciated.

1  Thank 1964Chelsea
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We loved this place. The first night we went to this cute little cafe and shared a great pizza. We liked it so much we went back the next day for great lasagna with a variety of meats and veggies. Also had a great wine list!

1  Thank gerie74
Reviewed November 10, 2012

This is the place in Fox Glacier for a coffee, and they do a nice breakfast and lunch. Nice muffins for breakfast, and tasty sandwiches.

1  Thank jd068