We stayed here 2 nights in December 2013, I highly recommend the the High Peaks for these main reasons:
- Staff are fantastic, they are a small team and are all very helpful, friendly and accommodating. No request was too much trouble even at busy times.
- The rooms, common areas and restaurant are spotless! whoever does the cleaning here keeps it cleaner than your Grans house!
- The rooms are a decent size for a motel with new and very clean bathrooms
- The view of the Mountains from the grounds of the hotel and restaurant are excellent
- Helicopter tour of Fox Glacier departs within walking distance from the hotel
- Very quiet at night with little to no road traffic
We ate at the hotel restaurant both nights as the small town was very busy and were very impressed with the food. I can highly recommend the Venison Hot Pot and Pavlova.
Good alternative to Franz Joseph when visiting or passing through the area. I would definitely stay here again if I need to be in the are again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- High Peaks is a modern hotel offering comfortable, relaxed accommodation in Fox Glacier, on the West Coast of New Zealand's South Island. Set in a quiet, rural location, High Peaks provides you an ideal setting to enjoy some of New Zealand's most spectacular scenery. The hotel is perfectly located as a base to explore the West Coast's glacier country and Lake Matheson, one of our local icons is only a hop skip and jump away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your High Peaks Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.