Stayed over for 1 night before heading to Queenstown. We wanted an accessible room for 4 but there wasn't any, so they gave us 2 units of 1 bedroom and charged us the price of a 2-bedroom, appreciate the flexibility and discount! Clean and comfortable rooms, with small kitchen that is well-equipped and we managed to fix ourselves a decent steak meal! Sheltered parking right in front of our unit and the view of the mountains from the premises was just fabulous. Manager was great to offer us discount coupons for Fox Glacier helicopter tour but unfortunately we had booked with another provider.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lake Matheson Motel is ideally located 400 metres from the town centre of Fox Glacier. While we have been proudly named after beautiful Lake Matheson for our 22 years in business, we are definitely a town based motel; while we are not on the edge of the Lake, we are only a ten drive away and the same for the Glacier. Our motto is 'simply nice'. This means we provide simple, clean and comfortable accommodation and focus on giving you good quality basics such as quality Sleepyhead beds, cotton linen, good showers, televisions and utensils. We have a 4 star grade with Qualmark. So come and enjoy our studio and 2 bedroom units, with mountain views, in a peaceful location. We have WIFI,undercover parking for all units, some spa units, King and Queen bed units, continental breakfasts, a portable BBQ and a Guest Laundry for your convenience. We hope to welcome you to Fox Glacier soon. Heather and Mike, Motel Managers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Lake Matheson Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Matheson Hotel Fox Glacier
- Lake Matheson Fox Glacier