Our first stop on our driving holiday was at Fox Glacier, staying at Lake Matheson Motel. When we left after dark to get some dinner, the imposing sight of the snow capped mountains was awesome. In the morning we went to Lake Matheson at daybreak and immersed ourselves in the beautiful sights and sounds of the lake and its abundant birdlife. This equals anything in the world for pure peaceful enjoyment, so moving. Now back to the motel. Everything you could ask for, warm, comfortable, clean, nice bed, quiet, yes a great place to stay and we can certainly recommend it for your travels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lake Matheson Motel is ideally located 400 metres from the town centre of Fox Glacier. While we have been proudly named after beautiful Lake Matheson for our 22 years in business, we are definitely a town based motel; while we are not on the edge of the Lake, we are only a ten drive away and the same for the Glacier. Our motto is 'simply nice'. This means we provide simple, clean and comfortable accommodation and focus on giving you good quality basics such as quality Sleepyhead beds, cotton linen, good showers, televisions and utensils. We have a 4 star grade with Qualmark. So come and enjoy our studio and 2 bedroom units, with mountain views, in a peaceful location. We have WIFI,undercover parking for all units, some spa units, King and Queen bed units, continental breakfasts, a portable BBQ and a Guest Laundry for your convenience. We hope to welcome you to Fox Glacier soon. Heather and Mike, Motel Managers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Lake Matheson Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Matheson Hotel Fox Glacier
- Lake Matheson Fox Glacier