I was travelling with my wife and her parents and we had no booking. We initially stopped at Franz Josef but it had turned into a horrible place since I last stayed there in the 90's. Crowded, overpriced and commericalised and the continual buzz of helicopters giving it a MASH feel. I suggested we drive on to Fox expecting the same, happily it had stayed the same. We were just before peak season last November 2010 and so finding a room was not a problem. The room we had was roomy and fine, nice large bed, good shower and bath. Parking right outside the door. Not the greatest views but fine for a few nights. The owner also recommended Lake Matheson Cafe for dinner which was brilliant and situated beside a lake and if your lucky with the weather you can look upon the alps and see Mt Cook.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westhaven in Fox Glacier is located right in the heart of the Fox Glacier township. We are a modern stylish complex with 23 large studio units. Each room is self contained with private en suite bathroom with bath, shower and toilet. All rooms have a kitchenette which includes a fridge, microwave and kitchen appliances. Our beds are really comfortable, queen, king and super king beds are all available and all rooms have good heating, beds have electric blankets. We offer FREE internet access and have a guest laundry facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your The Westhaven reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westhaven Hotel Fox Glacier
- Westhaven Fox Glacier
- Westhaven Hotel Fox Glacier