“Terrific meal”

The Last Kitchen
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Well cooked food, imaginative menu. Price reasonable,nice terrace to sit in evening sun.Thoroughly recommend

There are newer reviews for The Last Kitchen

Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Arrived before 2pm via a local recommendation for lunch, and only 1 other table was in use, with those customers already eating.

Ordered & paid for the soup of the day knowing it would be quick as we were in a bit of a hurry, and was told it would be brought out to me shortly. 15minutes later I was starting to get a bit edgy as Iwas getting fairly hungry, and it wasn't as if they had any other food orders to cater for.

The waitress only THEN approached our table to advise they had run out of soup.

15minutes in a practically empty café to finally look at an order and realise there isn't any? I'm sorry but that is beyond poor.

I was too shocked to say anything, and I was given my money back. I left to go somewhere else.

1  Thank DreamerKel
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We ate at this restaurant twice when we stayed in the Fox Glacier. The first time it was a Wednesday and the place was almost empty so we had very good, attentive service. The salt n pepper squid was absolutely fantastic and my partner really enjoyed his blue cheese and pear salad.

The second time we visited it was a Friday night at the place was packed. There were only two waitresses on at the time and unfortunately it did mean that the table service suffered. However, the food did not suffer so that was good to see. My suggestion to the owners is to try and line up some casual on-call staff for those nights when it does get a bit busy. I'm still going to give it five stars though because when the waitresses did get around to us they were pleasant and friendly and still smiling in spite of the pressure they were clearly under from some of the other patrons.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

I had heard a lot about this place so was looking forward to my meal. Ok, it was busy, but it took ages to take my order, about 45 mins for it to arrive, the portion was on the small side and I thought it rather pricey for fish and chips.
And they had no tap beers.
Not going there again.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

This is a busy restaurant and at first we couldn't get a proper table and were stuck on the bar stools. When a proper table came free, we moved ourselves rather than at their suggestion. Food was usual menu but good and well cooked. Only criticism is that staff were not observant and seemed happy to leave us to our own devices. They were pleasant to speak to, but lacked the personal touch.