“16,000 feet amazement”

Skydive Fox Glacier
Ranked #3 of 16 things to do in Fox Glacier
More attraction details
Owner description: "With a backdrop of the Southern Alps, Glaciers, Rainforest and the Ocean, it's hard to imagine a better place to jump out of a plane than Fox Glacier" Quote from The Lonely Planet.We have to agree! You can choose from 13,000ft or 16,500ft with a range of photo and video options to choose from and a great friendly crew, we guarantee you a jump to remember.
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“16,000 feet amazement”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We booked for a 2.30 'drop' but had to wait until 4 to actually go because we were in a line which was annoying, but the experience itself was amazing as you had a spectacular view of Mount Cook in the airplane and the staff were really calming.

Visited December 2012

27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“I'm flying!”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Ian Clark is a great instructor! He's the 2011 hang gliding champion. Very calm and definitely knows what he is doing.

Views are amazing! Must do! Am so addicted that I want to learn how to hang glide!

Visited October 2012
Leeds, United Kingdom
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 90 helpful votes
“16000ft - WOW”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We felt so safe with Paul & Ollie doing a tandem jump. Never done anything like this before. So professional but super friendly. No pressure to buy any extras such DVD. Totally amazing experience, stunning views - we could see Mitre Peak, Mount Aspiring, Mount Cook, Mount Tasman, all the way up the west coast and way over the east coast. FANTABULOUS - thanks Ollie & Paul

Visited September 2012
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Fantastic experience”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I had a fantastic experience jumping with the guys at Fox. I am a qualified solo diver, but found it extremely hard finding somewhere to jump in new zealand.

The guys at Fox however did give me this opportunity and I am forever grateful. Our plane got up to 16k and the jump was accompanied by the magnificient surroundings.

The guys at the ground and in the air were both extremely professional and great fun to jump with. I couldn't have had a better jump. Thanks guys!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Anders S
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Amazing view!”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

One of the most exhilarating activities I have ever done! Did the 12,000 ft! The skydive team was accommodating, friendly and efficient. Francois was my tandem master and with over 7600 dives, I was very comfortable that I was strapped to him! Would be nicer if it wasn't too cloudy. I would highly recommend skydiving in Fox Glacier for the view and the value you get. Thank you for teh experience.

Visited September 2012