Tripadvisor
Fox Glacier
All reviews lake matheson the main road the ground floor queen studio short stay new zealand small town lady at reception in town within easy walking distance room was clean and comfortable south island glow worm walk franz josef heli hike motel fox
Selected filters
Reviewed December 9, 2019

From the moment I checked-in until the moment I left, Sue & Craig--the motel's caretakers--were exceptional hosts. I was trapped at Fox when slips on the road made leaving impossible and we had no electricity. Craig & Sue made sure I always had a thermos of hot water and that I was as comfortable as possible given the circumstances. The property itself is clean and comfortable, but these two caretakers are the reason it's worth staying at.

Date of stay: December 2019
Bella_Vista_Fox, Manager at Bella Vista Motel Fox Glacier, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave such a lovely review JWL6! It certainly was an exciting time in Fox Glacier, but having such lovely guests makes it easier for everyone.

Reviewed December 2, 2019

We stayed only one night in this hotel. The room was quite small but it's within walking distance of everything in Fox Glacier. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was very clean, if a little small. Good wifi and friendly staff.

Date of stay: November 2019
Bella_Vista_Fox, Manager at Bella Vista Motel Fox Glacier, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to write a review for us DelphineLesterLost. We're happy to hear you enjoyed our great location and were comfortable in your unit.

Reviewed November 12, 2019

We stayed here overnight on a three-week road trip throughout NZ. This was a perfect place to spend a night. Room and bed were comfortable and clean. All needed accessories were available and working.

Date of stay: November 2019
Reviewed September 17, 2019 via mobile

We had the pleasure of staying 2 nights at Bella Vista in a king room. I booked this motel based on reviews and location, and would happily recommend to anyone. Our room was sparkling clean and spacious. The location was perfect...a short stroll to everything.
Fox Glacier is a friendly and welcoming town with a wonderful feel to it. Sue, the owner, is a perfect example of this. She is helpful, friendly and makes this already great motel even better! Don’t hesitate to stay there, you won’t be disappointed.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Bella_Vista_Fox, Manager at Bella Vista Motel Fox Glacier, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2019

Thank you for such a delightful review KLBJH. It was a pleasure to host you and your husband and we hope the rest of your trip goes well. Fingers crossed the weather at Aoraki will be as beautiful as it was here.

Reviewed August 7, 2019

we booked this accommodation through expedia long time before trip. but neither expedia nor motel emaied for confirmation. i forgot my booking and i thought there was something wrong and booking was not made at all. at few days before my trip urgently i booked other accommodation through direct phone call. and i rang expedia just for checking. they said there was my booking. they advised me to cancel expedia booking upon my explanation about what happened. i asked cancellation, but this motel refused my canceling because of less than 4 days.
they arrogantly kept refusing my asking. i was disgusted and furious about what they consider my situation and their negligence informing my booking status.
sick and tired of owner and operator.

Date of stay: September 2018
Bella_Vista_Fox, Manager at Bella Vista Motel Fox Glacier, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback John. As a tour operator, I’m sure you are aware of the following things:
If you book through Expedia, you will never get a confirmation from the property, only from Expedia
When you book, you accept the terms and conditions of the property
Managing your booking is your responsibility, not Expedia’s and not ours

I hope you do a better job of managing your tour groups than you did of managing this booking.