“Fruit Cake!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Wrinkly Ram

The Wrinkly Ram
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Omarama
Cuisines: Cafe, New Zealand
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The Wrinkly Rams café is the place to stop for weary travellers seeking refreshment. With clean toilets, espresso coffee, and fresh homemade food you can enjoy a break from your travels. We have Free Wi-Fi available for customers and there's hot chocolates, milkshakes and ice creams for the kids. We welcome your next visit.
Wanaka, New Zealand
“Fruit Cake!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

We love stopping here on our trips. The coffee is superb, staff super friendly, food great and the loos always clean with fresh flowers. A firm favourite.

Denver, Colorado
“Oasis for Kiwis”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I really enjoyed the lunch break at The Wrinkly Ram. We were pleasantly surprised to find such great dining in this relatively remote area. The food was freshly made and the service was prompt and courteous. She enjoyed the tasty and perfectly prepared salmon. I had the home made quiche and a scone.

Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand
“15% Surcharge totally unnecessary”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

My rating is based on the quality of the meal, and by no means reflects the inferior standard of service, which in my opinion barely rated a 1.

It looks like this place has changed hands since I was last there, and although to be fair the food was a reasonable standard, eating there on a public holiday makes it very expensive. In this day and age, I find it incredible that a thriving restaurant feels the need to charge it's customers an additional 15% on top of their normal prices just because it is a holiday. Everybody knows that there are more people travelling through so the turnover on a holiday more than makes up for the extra wages... and no one is actually forcing you to open.

Normally I would flatly refuse to eat at a restaurant that applied a surcharge but unfortunately The Wrinkly Ram had such a small sign that it wasn't until after I had ordered and paid that I realised they were applying the additional charge.

On top of that, even though I was paying an additional 15% for the staff to work on Easter Monday, I still had to serve my own water!

Wrinkly Ram you will not be seeing this customer again.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Decent spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Best place in Omarama for a bight to eat in my opinion. The food is always really fresh and lots of it homemade, it's all really tasty too. The outside seating area is nice and parking is good and right on the main highway. They also offer free wifi which is a winner. Be careful if you visit this place on a public holiday though because they sting you with a 15% surcharge which I feel is a bit harsh. Other then that I'm sure I'll visit again.

Hong Kong, China
“An ideal place to have a short driving break”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

It is a ideal place to have a short driving break during the long driving journey. I ordered a cup of latte and a home made chicken pie. they are so good that really out of my expectation, the latte was very rich and smooth. chicken pie is so tasty. the cafe environment is very relaxing and comfortable.

• Visited March 2013