“Lovely Cafe on the way”

Cuisines: European, Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed December 23, 2012

A lovely place on the way, great muffins - I've returned there twice for that and it was worth it! Good coffee and a very homey atmosphere.

Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

The women behind the till was hard work and her customer service was poor. The gourmet pies where fabulous even with the added flower. You'll know what I mean if you eat there....lol

Reviewed October 6, 2012

beware!!!!. our first impression of this place was quite good. the interiour looks a bit "selfmade" but we liked it.
But than we ordered "freshly baked baguette" , the "tomato soup" and a "sole" .
The so called freshly baked Baguette was a "maybe" freshly brought Baguette from the grocery store. It was heated up though ;o). I guess the kitchen ran out of baguette, so they decided to put some random old pita bread next to some baguette on my plate. The only fresh thing about that dish were the useless fresh green herbs on it. the tomato soup had the typical "sugar and vinegar " taste of canned pasta sauce and ketchup...
we started getting bit nervous because of our maincourse : the sole.
the sole arrived. it was covered with fish-protein flakes. which usually come out when you cook the fish much to hot.
i tried a tiny bit and it was dry as it looked like. the fish tasted absolutely horrible and had the smell of very old fish. i never had a worse fish in my whole life. disgusting.

Reviewed May 6, 2012

enjoyed the meal would eat here again.
our daughter recommended this meal stop

Reviewed April 21, 2012

We ate in the pub rather than the cafe based on the prices. The pub was great value for money. Our party had burgers which were great and I had the pasta. My only complaint was that the chicken in my pasta was a bit old like they'd pulled it off yesterday's roast chicken. Not bad but it would have been better without it.
Service was great, meals came out quickly and the atmosphere got better as more people arrived. They also accommodated our baby with a highchair.