Hartley Homestead Boutique Bed and Breakfast
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Cromwell Motel(Cromwell)
View Hotel
All reviewshot tubb bdelicious breakfastglass of winea lovely stayrail trailbeautiful gardenhomemade breadcomfortable bedour recent visitfeel relaxed and welcomeexcellent roseboutique bed and breakfastfruit treesmemorable stayclutha riverlocal pinot noir
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We spent our first night as a married couple at Hartley Homestead and it was just perfect. We arrived to find a personalised bottle of their own wine waiting for us, along with chocolates, slice (I'm assuming home made!) and a card from Melanie and Rex congratulating us on our marriage. The room was lovely, I just wish we could have stayed longer! The homemade breakfast in the garden just topped it all off. Melanie and Rex were wonderful hosts and we felt really welcome there. Friends of ours stayed on the same night and they said the same thing. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: We stayed in the "retreat room" which was just amazing :)
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Hartley Homestead. An extremely comfortable bed, fluffy bath robes, a delicious breakfast and great hospitality! The apricots from your tree were the best we have ever tasted. Thank you Melanie and Rex for sharing your piece of paradise.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2013

In planning the South Island leg of our holiday our family was looking for something a little more authentic and personal than the Queenstown experience which has become a little commercialised. After some searching on the net we came across Hartley Homestead in Clyde, a small village near Alexandra which has the added attraction of being perfectly situated for day trips to Wanaka, Queenstown, Arrowtown, Naseby and Southland - not to mention all those fabulous Central Otago wineries. Our two teenage daughters were also keen to give the famous Otago Rail Trail a try out for a day and Clyde is the starting point for this very popular cycling experience.
Melanie and Rex (and Molly) made us feel so welcome and couldn't have been more helpful in suggesting places to visit or things to do. A highlight was Melanie's home cooked breakfasts which were to die for, although getting out of our luxuriously comfortable beds in the morning was often a bit of a challenge.
Their website says it all really but I can't recommend staying here highly enough.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Hartley Homestead is a wonderful boutique bed and breakfast. Melanie was helping us make arrangements for dinner and our bike ride on the Otago Rail Trail before we arrived. When we arrived our bikes had already been delivered and we were ready to go without having to waste a minute. We had sent her our heights beforehand, so everything was in order for our ride. Rex and Melanie proved to be the ultimate caring hosts when they created a search party to track me down when I didn't appear by dark. Now, who else would do that!!!!
Our room was beautifully appointed. Melanie's fruit cake is delicious. Breakfast is a true delight with home made jams and breads. The eggs in muffins were so unique I took a photo. Eating out on the lovely patio is delightful.
We definitely will come back here and have recommended it to other friends wanting to explore the Clyde area.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I was recommended the Hartley Homestead by a well know photographer, Jacqui Van Dam (Alexandra) as she said it would be luxurious, beautiful and welcoming. Well they were an understatement. My two bridesmaids and I stayed there the night before our wedding and my husband and I stayed the night of our wedding. Rex and Mel went out of their way to make us feel 100% welcome by opening up their home to use to use to get ready, have our hair and make-up done as well as have photo's taken. Mel's breakfasts and lunch were delicious and perfect in everyway. The rooms are stunning, decor to die for. I can't wait to see my wedding photos. The beds were comfy and everything was imaculatelty presented. I really did feel like a princess and would totally recommend the Hartley to any future brides out there. A massive thank you to Mel and Rex! You both played a huge part in our special day and we will never forget your warm, welcoming and amazing hospitality.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple