The surrounding natural beauty is out of this world, but that's really about all this property has going for it. It is in major need of a refit; our "chalet" was filthy, the staff are on the whole immature and unprofessional and the list of things which were badly done in relation to our stay are too numerous to detail here.
Given that this is a major tourist destination, as a New Zealander I was embarassed. But after a refit, and perhaps employing staff that actually have a genuine interest in the service industry, it could be fantastic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Skotel was established in the early 60s by a group of keen skiers who wanted the convenience of accommodation close to the ski-fields but more comfort than the ski lodges of that time. In 1986 it underwent a major expansion with the addition of restaurant, bar and other facilities. The old part of the building became the backpacker’s wing. Skotel has maintained its friendly informal atmosphere but now provides Qualmark three star accommodation and the exciting cuisine experiences of our new dinner menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Skotel Alpine Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Skotel Alpine Hotel Whakapapa Village
- Holiday Inn Tongariro National Park