We stayed here for one night and thought our room well appointed,maybe a bit small, but with a beautiful view across to Mt Ngauruhoe (Mount Doom in the Lord of the Rings films). Excellent laundry facilities which were greatly appreciated as we had been travelling for some time. All the staff were very friendly and the food was good. Views from the restaurant of the sunset were fantastic. Not sure what the othe reviewers mean. perhaps we were just lucky.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Skotel was established in the early 60s by a group of keen skiers who wanted the convenience of accommodation close to the ski-fields but more comfort than the ski lodges of that time. In 1986 it underwent a major expansion with the addition of restaurant, bar and other facilities. The old part of the building became the backpacker’s wing. Skotel has maintained its friendly informal atmosphere but now provides Qualmark three star accommodation and the exciting cuisine experiences of our new dinner menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Skotel Alpine Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Skotel Alpine Hotel Whakapapa Village
- Holiday Inn Tongariro National Park