First and foremost: they should consider putting the "backpakers" sign on every room that is in this standard. Secondly, divide it into sections separately reviewed in TripAdvisor. This would prevent confusion. I will tell you about my experience in the "cheap" area. For a hotel - terrible, for hostel - average.
You are being informed on the website that this is a budget room. Nevertheless, nothing prepares you for the shock of seeing someone’s menstrual blood on the toilet. Apparently they are not cleaned between customers.
Nice things about this place – restaurant with good food and very nice terrace with great volcano view. There is also guest lounge where you can prepare breakfast yourself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Skotel was established in the early 60s by a group of keen skiers who wanted the convenience of accommodation close to the ski-fields but more comfort than the ski lodges of that time. In 1986 it underwent a major expansion with the addition of restaurant, bar and other facilities. The old part of the building became the backpacker’s wing. Skotel has maintained its friendly informal atmosphere but now provides Qualmark three star accommodation and the exciting cuisine experiences of our new dinner menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Skotel Alpine Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Skotel Alpine Hotel Whakapapa Village
- Holiday Inn Tongariro National Park