Great location for walkers, skiers or to just enjoy the scenery, Sit in the bar and watch the ever changing sky. An older style hotel/lodge that is unpretentious with happy friendly staff who seem to go out of their way to help. The rooms are basic and at times you hear the wood of the hotel creak but it adds to the ambiance. There are choices of accommodation to suit most budgets at this resort. Restaurant menu is varied and not overpriced. Breakfast buffet is good value. Sited at the start of many walking trails and close to the Village where you get shuttles to the Bruce or drive yourself up Mt Ruapehu. All in all great value with a real logde holiday sort of feel about it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Skotel was established in the early 60s by a group of keen skiers who wanted the convenience of accommodation close to the ski-fields but more comfort than the ski lodges of that time. In 1986 it underwent a major expansion with the addition of restaurant, bar and other facilities. The old part of the building became the backpacker’s wing. Skotel has maintained its friendly informal atmosphere but now provides Qualmark three star accommodation and the exciting cuisine experiences of our new dinner menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Skotel Alpine Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Skotel Alpine Hotel Whakapapa Village
- Holiday Inn Tongariro National Park