I and my husband stayed at Skotel for four days. The hotel is very nice and beautiful. The room is clean, warm and we could see Mt. Ngauruhoe from the window. The walls are too thin and at night was really hard sleep while the people was talking, watching TV, etc.
The food in the restaurant is good, but the pizza is not. The Gym at the hotel is a shame; all stuff is broken.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Skotel was established in the early 60s by a group of keen skiers who wanted the convenience of accommodation close to the ski-fields but more comfort than the ski lodges of that time. In 1986 it underwent a major expansion with the addition of restaurant, bar and other facilities. The old part of the building became the backpacker’s wing. Skotel has maintained its friendly informal atmosphere but now provides Qualmark three star accommodation and the exciting cuisine experiences of our new dinner menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Skotel Alpine Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Skotel Alpine Hotel Whakapapa Village
- Holiday Inn Tongariro National Park