We stayed 2 nights at the Chateau in October. We had the bed & breakfast package so buffet breakfast was included and selection was good.
This hotel is probably the nicest hotel in Tongariro area...close to hiking trails and Ruapehu ski field. The 9 hole golf course was really nice too. Room in good condition--although on the smaller side.
I am Asia-American and I'll have to say that one of the hotel workers (who's caucasian) greeted us with a deliberate Asian 'accent' "Ha-Low! Hau arr U!!"---which I don't really think it's professional. Also the girl up at the front desk was trying to straighten the hotel booklet --that I was still looking at.
So, overall I would stay at this nice hotel. But service is hit & miss and if you don't have high expectations it'll be ok.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Everything we do at the Chateau Tongariro Hotel we believe in providing you with a timeless elegance. We believe that preserving tradition and history is most important and as the hotel is located within a dual World Heritage National Park, conservation and culture are also at the forefront of your experience. Tongariro National Park provides a stunning natural playground bursting with diverse landscapes for visitors to the Chateau Tongariro to discover. Chateau Tongariro provides accommodation, restaurants, bars and conference facilities and is an all-seasons, utterly timeless experience not to be missed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Chateau Tongariro Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bayview Chateau Tongariro Hotel Tongariro National Park
- Bayview Chateau Tongariro National Park