We were in the Tongariro National Park to do some walking and even though the weather was not very good, we had some great walks. The hotel is a very impressive building that dominates the area and trades on its history. Our room was fine but like a million other bedrooms in large hotels. We booked a package than included dinner, breakfast and a guided walk but the reception staff didn't understand the details and 3 staff gave us wrong information. Dinner in the restaurant was very good though breakfast was a pretty indifferent buffet selection.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Everything we do at the Chateau Tongariro Hotel we believe in providing you with a timeless elegance. We believe that preserving tradition and history is most important and as the hotel is located within a dual World Heritage National Park, conservation and culture are also at the forefront of your experience. Tongariro National Park provides a stunning natural playground bursting with diverse landscapes for visitors to the Chateau Tongariro to discover. Chateau Tongariro provides accommodation, restaurants, bars and conference facilities and is an all-seasons, utterly timeless experience not to be missed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Chateau Tongariro Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bayview Chateau Tongariro Hotel Tongariro National Park
- Bayview Chateau Tongariro National Park