I was a little apprensive staying here after the reviews but I have to say it is great. Our bedroom is spacious, bathroom spacious with shower and a bath. The hotel is elegant staff very helpful with a member of staff offering to help with our bags. I agree the food is pricey but attached to hotel is a cafe which is cheaper and very good. Overall I a very impressed with the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Everything we do at the Chateau Tongariro Hotel we believe in providing you with a timeless elegance. We believe that preserving tradition and history is most important and as the hotel is located within a dual World Heritage National Park, conservation and culture are also at the forefront of your experience. Tongariro National Park provides a stunning natural playground bursting with diverse landscapes for visitors to the Chateau Tongariro to discover. Chateau Tongariro provides accommodation, restaurants, bars and conference facilities and is an all-seasons, utterly timeless experience not to be missed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Fastbooking, Hotwire, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Chateau Tongariro Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bayview Chateau Tongariro Hotel Tongariro National Park
- Bayview Chateau Tongariro National Park