“Dive at Goat Island”

and up
Ranked #2 of 5 Tours in Warkworth
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Auckland, New Zealand
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Dive at Goat Island”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

My partner and I were reasonably new to scuba diving; having received our Open Water Diver certification a few months ago, we were a bit apprehensive at first, and this information was passed on to the company at the time of booking (a month and a half before scheduled trip). We were slightly disappointed at the lack of structure and professionalism shown by the company and staff. Our first dive guide was very helpful and friendly, and the other one (also the skipper) not so much. We had a bit of trouble with the gear to start off with, particularly with the weighting. It was suggested by the skipper that perhaps we should just give up because "other people have paid for dives too", and normally this is a fair enough comment, however as we were the only people who paid extra for a dive guide and other people seemed quite comfortable with the equipment, I found this unacceptable. I suggest that if the company finds it troublesome to take amateur divers, then perhaps this can be mentioned at the time of booking. Once we got the hang of it, our second dive was much better so overall we still had a great day.

Visited February 2014
4 Thank Mimi Y

Auckland Region, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor Knights with NZ Diving”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

My trip with NZ Diving was at Poor Knights, one of the best places to dive in the world apparently. I was and still am new to the diving experience and did not expect a lot. 2 days and 2 nights on a boat with 8 people, well that is going to be interesting.
But after doing the trip i can honestly say it is worth doing and I would do it again. The dive instructor from NZ Diving, Katie, is well experienced and looks after everyone, she helps you a lot to achieve what you wanna achieve. So for me as a new and fresh diver that was a good.
Without experience this dive was safe and amazing. The water at Poor Knights is deep blue with a visibility of 20m and clean. We have seen stingrays, big snappers, eels, stone fish and a lot more of smaller fish i am not sure what the names are. But one of the biggest advantages of this trip with NZ Diving is the fact that they work with a friend together who is the skipper of the boat. He is also a passionate diver with ober 700 dives of experience. He knows the best dive sights and has been working with NZ Diving for a long time. So he knows the islands and has great insights where to go, also he is a great cook so nobody has to go hungry.

So my trip with NZ Diving is an experience i will hopefully do again.

Visited April 2013