“English rider with 20 years experience.”

Horse Riding Warkworth
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I rang several of the stables asking for quotes and a decent ride considering my experience. Warkworth said they'd cater for me no problem and offered one of the lowest prices. From the moment I got there to the moment I left the staff were friendly and remembered my name. They gave me a GREAT horse to ride- Forest- who I totally fell in love with! The girl (so sorry I can't remember your name) took me out alone. She trusted I knew what I was doing and we cantered and galloped, jumped and mucked about for the two hours. SO much fun.

Not only that, but the scenery was absolutely stunning. I genuinely feel privileged to have ridden here! HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

Oh and there are tons of goats around. Everyone loves goats right?

1  Thank DaisyW-R
There are newer reviews for Horse Riding Warkworth

Reviewed August 11, 2013

my 8 year old daughter and I were guests of roger and his wife on the horse riding trek.
it was really a wonderful inspiring experience.
this couple are so passionate about their horses and the nz country side and showed us the real new Zealand.
I couldn't recommend it highly enough for overseas visitors or simply aucklanders wanting a close quick escape from the city

Reviewed July 29, 2013

My daughter goes here for weekly lessons. The owners and staff are lovely, patient and always willing to ensure your visit is perfect. The horses are always perfectly matched to the riders ability and are all calm. The trek is safe while still exhilarating. If you want to go horse riding this is the place to go.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Once in a while I book my daughter in here to ride one of the horses. We always have friendly staff there & the horses are lovely to ride. Very reasonably priced too.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Rated much better, by my daughter who lives in NZ, than another stables nearby that does beach rides.

Horses well looked after. Tack in good condition. Plenty of boots and helmets to choose from.

My only criticism was that the 2 hour ride was 2 loops of 1 hour each but our ride passed through the farm half way so naturally the horses weren't too keen to set off on the 2nd loop.

I didn't enquire if this is their only route. Beautiful as the scenery is if we go back we might want to try a diffrent route.

3  Thank djcj