“Great open lasagne”

Manaia Kitchen & Bar
Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Tairua
Cuisines: Pizza, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Fully licensed cafe/restaurant located in the heart of Tairua. Enjoy woodfired pizzas, tapas or choose from A la carte menu.
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Had dinner here on our first night in New Zealand. My wife's open lasagna was fantastic....my fresh fish was very flavourful, but the portion was quite small. Overall a good experience.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

Looked good , on route to comanderel so decided to stop for lunch. Hubby had fish and chips he said it was very good Iot of fish , I decided to go for the lamb burger , when food comes out very quickly I always get a bit suspicious !! And then the story starts , with the lamb burger came minted yoghurt ( a raita ) when I got it there was a thin yoghurt poured all over it !!! It looked disgusting and the taser wasn't much better , I asked the waitress where was the minted yoghurt as this wasn't good , away she toddled off , came back chef said he's run out of mint . I said sorry but this is not good do u have something else that would compliment this . No I was told , to which I replied sorry can't eat this . And then what do you think hapnd ?????? Out she came with minted yoghurt !!!!!!!!!!! By this time I had gone off my food and it had gone cold Will I go back ? No never

1  Thank Aristo99
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Went to Manaia and best service I have recieved in a lond time. Great meals. I found them accommodating for children with a better kids menu than most. Even though the resturant was busy we felt like we were the only ones there. I would recomend this to everyone that loves to have a great dinning experiance. Hats off to the owners.,8) A+

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Manaia is a lovely little restaurant situated in the heart of Tairua. It has a classy beachy atmosphere about it, with the palm trees nestled around the building and outdoor music. New owners took over a few months ago and this has highly improved both the food and service! The unique pork's belly eggs benedict is absolutely to die for! There are some unusual but yummy dishes on the menu that will be sure to please. Staff are genuine and offer good service. Good value for money - not to mention the great gallery next door!

Reviewed March 29, 2013

The place was very busy and we lhad a long wait for the food. We both had pasta dishes, which were tasteless. We ordered aside dish of roasted vegetables which were awful. I could have done better myself and I'm no cook. One the plus side the staff were friendly and efficient.
To make matters worse they had a band. I know people's taste in music varies but these people could not sing at all. We left as soon as we could back to our very nice B&B.