“Budget hotel, sort of OK for 1 night”
Review of Allenby Park Hotel

Allenby Park Hotel
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Manukau
Reviewed April 8, 2014

OK, kind of 'meh' hotel. Yes, carpet is worn, and walls, reception desk helpful, just needed one night sleep before flying out next day... No big complaints, served the purpose.... for NZ$89 for 2 ppl

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 19, 2014

The hotel suited what we required and the price was ok more of a budget hotel with the carpet and deco looking quite worn.
When checking in and going to our room there was dirty linen on our bed and no towels in the bathroom this was sorted .The place was very busy and had laundry all down the hall way .our room had a window missing and had been covered with a piece of ply wood ..
At 9.45 am on Sunday morning the cleaners were knocking on our door to see when we were checking .. out check out is 10am so a little bit disappointing to feel like we were being pushed out!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 14, 2014

The rooms are in need of an upgrade. The carpets were so disgusting we didnt want to walk around without any shoes on. There has been no maintenance work done for a long time and the outside areas are really run down. The food in the restaurant was very good. If we had paid $60 for a night it would of been fine but we paid $120, so didnt feel like it was worth it. I wouldn't recommend here, not even for one night.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Rufus7878
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I booked on-line and on arrival found that it presented well. The reception staff were easy to deal with and our check-in was handled smoothly. The limited contact that we had with other staff showed that they were friendly and helpful. Upon entering the room the carpets gave a first up appearance of being dirty however overall the room was clean. Being summer the room was a bit stuffy and, as it lacked air conditioning, the only means of freshening it up was to open the doors to allow air flow. We asked for a three person room and what we got was a double with an extra bed added for the night - not an issue but it was a little cramped for room. All the beds were comfortable. It is located close to the airport yet there is no (or at worst very limited) aircraft noise, it is also close to the main access roads heading north and south, and close to shopping centres at Manukau. It was adequate for our overnight stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Keith-Di
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Room Tip: new beds, clean carpet, clean bathrooms, ashtrays outside the sliding doors (you can open from the o...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
2  Thank 325Nicole
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We are from Melbourne, Australia. My Eldest son got married to a local girl from Manukau city. We found Allenby Park Motel centrally located to all our requirements & needs. We hired the Family room plus 2 Studios as well. The decoration for the Wedding couple on their wedding nite was nice. We had a enjoyable & memorable stay. Highly recommended. Thanks so much from the SHARMA family Melbourne

Room Tip: Family room has everything
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank HRSharma
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I had booked the reservation through AA website and accidently I had booked it for the 3rd instead of the 4th. When I reached the hotel the lady informed me about my mistake and that is the time I realised that I had no booking there. I had no extra money on me and I had tears in my eyes as I was returning from Wellington from a funeral and had to spend that night in Auckland so that next morning I could go back to Tauranga. She saw me crying, she made me sit gave me a glass of water and said let me see what I can do for you. She called the AA customer service booking centre and informed them my mistake and requested them to change the date for me. It took her 40 min to sort this out for me she had to speak to 2-3 different people and finally she could let me in and gave me the room keys. "Wonderful lady with a lovely smile and excellent customer service" You are a nice person THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP.

Room Tip: I would suggest everyone to say here.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Judy L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manukau
Manukau Motor Lodge
Auckland Airport Kiwi Hotel
Naumi Auckland Airport
Naumi Auckland Airport
#8 of 23 in Mangere

Been to Allenby Park Hotel? Share your experiences!