“Great value”

Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Good service, great price and simple honest food

I love this place

It is always open and there is plenty of parking

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Delicious food, ok prices, fast friendly service from beginning to end, great atmosphere, look forward to coming back.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

I've been to this restaurant before on previous visits to NZ and recently returned to it. Based on 3 meals at this Denny's this past week, I found the service to be good, and the food was properly prepared and promptly served.

The restaurant can tend to be noisy when busy. I visited most recently on a Thursday night around 10:00pm and the place was packed - diners had to give their names to the hostess and wait to be seated. The restaurant was generally clean, although there were bits of debris on the floor, but that was probably due to the high volume of customers that seemed to be coming through. After waiting 5 minutes to be seated, and perhaps another 7 minutes before someone took my order, my food arrived fairly quickly and was prepared to my liking. This trip I enjoyed a grilled cheese with fries; earlier in the day I had ordered a Hawaiian burger, and the day before ordered a ham and cheese omelette. All were good.

The menu is quite different from the standard USA menu - actually, there are a lot more choices than the USA version, and some of the standard USA items do appear, such as the Super Bird sandwich and the Grand Slam breakfast. But items such as lamb, curry, and pork bellies give the menu a local flare, as these would probably never ever be seen in the USA, even as specials. For American visitors, the prices may appear a bit high - and yes, they are higher than USA restaurant prices - but when one factors in that there is no added sales tax, that tipping is not common, and the current exchange rate, the bottom line is that the cost is not that much different than what one pays in the USA - slightly higher, but not dramatically so.

Overall, a decent place to eat, and, with the exception of fast food drive throughs, one of the few places where once can get a full service meal 24 hours a day in greater Auckland.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

We went to Denny's here in Manukau (Auckland NZ) because we are regulars at home in Seattle. Wanted to see what was the same and what was different. Lots of different items! My niece and I went yesterday, and we went today including another niece and my husband. Both times the food was very good. The lamb shank & mash looked amazing and was fall of the bone good. I had chicken fajitas yesterday and lasagna today. Both were excellent choices. We like to dine in nice restaurants, mediocre, and small ethnic places. Denny's is in the mediocre category with the diner style and prices. We all enjoyed our meals and will try to find time to go back one more time before we go home to America.

Prices here in NZ are higher than in the US for most items. But then there is the value of money difference too. Still reasonable, not fancy, and great for a family meal. My husband was tired and only ate a little of his meal and the manager rushed over to see if something was wrong with the food. But no, he just wanted to bring it home and eat after a nap. I was impressed that the manager cared that much, The portions are such that I always bring home half of my meal for another meal later. But we are not big eaters. And we love leftovers!

I wish I had asked for a menu to bring home to our Denny's to show the different menu items to the managers. There are some items that I think would go over well in the US.

Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

Certainly will not be visiting this place AGAIN! Myself & 3 of my friends were starving after A wonderful night at Mrs Carter's show anyway arrived at Denny's @ 11ish the place was fairly full with people already eating, we were seated fairly quickly looking over the menu for a bit finally decided what we wanted and away he went we waited An hour for our meals didn't get our water till half that time we were tired hungry and by this time very angry he forgot half my order the food was cold I understand what it's like working in a place like that but that whole place is pathetic! Prices for some of the items are ridiculous and you receive a ridiculous amount. I seen the waiter go to seat two lady's at a table he wiped the table down with his hands, another waitress made a scene In front of customers throwing a tantrum because she had to do her job...clean the tables.. I won't be back EVER! Too bad my experience wasn't awesome like everyone else's. My first and Last visit to disappointing Denny's.