“Consistant Excellence”
Review of Grange Motor Lodge

Grange Motor Lodge
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Manukau
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Once again, Pat and Bernie at the Grange exceeded our expectations on our recent trip to Auckland. The Grange has become a home away from home for our family. We love the genuine smiles of welcome and recognition, the beautifully clean and designed units and the relaxed atmosphere of the whole complex. Even Mac the dog gave us the warmest of welcomes too on our return! When in Auckland, there is no other place we'd ever consider staying. Highly recommended to all.

Room Tip: Love the walk-in shower of Unit 11.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
GrangeLodge, Owner at Grange Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012

Thank you so much for your review. It is always great to have you and your lovely family here. We are looking forward to welcoming you back again this Christmas. Mack sends his best woof to you all.

There are newer reviews for Grange Motor Lodge

Reviewed October 10, 2012

A very comfortable place to stay with good amenities for the price. Right next door to the golf course. Pat and Berbie were great hosts and looked after us well. Rooms have a microwave for reheating and takeaways are nearby. Golf club does breakfasts, lunches and I think Dinner.

Room Tip: The double room was more than adequate with a microwave.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank John G
GrangeLodge, Owner at Grange Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Thank you so much for your review - we really enjoyed your company. What a great couple of days it was. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Working for a Domestic Courier Company part of my role is to travel.
I have been very fortunate to stay at The Grange Lodge Motel on a recent trip.
Nothing seems to faze Pat & Bernie with their fun nature, professional outlook, and always feeling like more than "just a customer". You feel at nature ease and believe you will be friends for life.
Muffins on arrival I assumed was the cherry on the top, however walking into the Unit with Bernie showing me where the unit was, certainly made me realise why Pat & Bernie had won so many awards.
As I had worked long hours, and intended washing clothes when got home I was flawed when I found my clothes sitting in a folded area on my neatly made bed. Incredible.
Nothing was an issue, no problems, amazing people.
I was so impressed I booked in a fellow work mate, due not only to the exceptional service, but also due to the care Pat & Bernie put into their Motel. I recommend to the highest level.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Loganmb
GrangeLodge, Owner at Grange Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2012

Thank you very much indeed for your review. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. It was so nice to have had you here and we look forward to seeing more of you now that you know where we are! We are also looking forward to meeting more of your work colleagues.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Pat and Bernie get it right: all the comforts of home, super clean beds and bath, dense mattress, all the kitchen utensils, plunger coffee, milk in the fridge... all very welcome...but wait, there is more! Warm muffins upon arrival (how do they know when you will actually get there?)...a genuine welcome with all the right amount of advice you want, from Pat as well as the friendly greeter dog...a recommendation of where to get great Indian food (you MUST have the Chili chicken! That's all I have to say about that! Except we then had to look for it everywhere else in NZ and nothing compared!)...and some heartwarming family events and local color from Pat, well, you will have to just hear for yourself!

This is a great location. I like that it's outside of downtown Auckland, there is plenty of parking, stores in walking distance, it's not crowded, and it's an easy departure to points south. It's a short drive from the airport, not too taxing after a lengthy flight. I think the rates are very reasonable, especially in light of the space, cleanliness, and personal attention guests will enjoy. Well done, Grange Lodge!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank jlayk
GrangeLodge, Owner at Grange Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

How lovely of you to write such a review - thank you very much indeed! So glad you enjoyed the muffins and the Indian Chilli. I have to agree that we too haven't tasted anything to compare anywhere else either. We are very lucky to have such choices here in Papatoetoe!
Here's hoping our paths may cross again and we can again welcome you to The Grange.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

This is the second time I've stayed here on a business trip. Very friendly and helpful hosts; warm muffins on arrival; the room I stayed in this time was modern and warm. Extra little touches make it stand out as a great place to stay. I highly recommend.

Room Tip: Modern rooms, very warm, with added touches like a plant and free delicious muffins when you arrive.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MatWtgn
GrangeLodge, Owner at Grange Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Thank you so much for your lovely review and so glad you enjoyed the muffins. Both Pat and I look forward to seeing you again next time.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

I have to Congratulate Pat & Bernie for the right attitude they have towards providing exceptional service to their guests. Highlights are very clean and cozy rooms, friendly & homely welcome, very helpful with anything you ask for, good cooked breakfast and reasonably charged rooms/suites. These nice folks also recommend their guests to a reasonably charged taxi service which is quite helpful too. I would definitely recommend this place to all. I have been there last year and will be staying at Grange once again this year. Keep up the good work and wish you folks good luck!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank AjoThomas
GrangeLodge, Owner at Grange Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

What lovely comments. Thank you very much indeed! Both Pat and I are very much looking forward to seeing you again later on in the month. Safe traveling.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

At the Grange Lodge, the welcome you get can only be discribed as if you were one of Pat & Bernie's family.
The unit was immaculately clean and comfortable. Very highly recommend thr Grange Laodge to anyone who has to stay in Auckland, whether overnight or long term

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Rex W
GrangeLodge, Owner at Grange Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2012

Thank you so much for your lovely review. We always look forward to your stay at our place.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Manukau
Manukau Motor Lodge
Manukau Motor Lodge
#2 of 6 in Manukau
Jet Park Hotel & Conference Centre
Novotel Auckland Airport
Heartland Hotel Auckland Airport
Holiday Inn Auckland Airport
Sudima Auckland Airport Hotel

Been to Grange Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!