“Someone really needs to man the gates!”

Rainbow's End Theme Park
Ranked #1 of 9 things to do in Manukau
More attraction details
Owner description: It's fun on demand at Rainbow's End so how will you play it? With over 20 rides and attractions, there's something for everyone, every day of the year except Christmas Day. The brand new ride, Stratosfear, at Rainbow's End is now open. It is seriously scary with a complete 360 degree rotation to challenge even the most seasoned thrill seeking ride enthusiasts. This ride is a first in the Southern Hemisphere, seats 30 people and with the complete 360 it's one of only 4 worldwide! Spin vertically and horizontally, suspended 18m high on the Power Surge, be trapped in a runaway mine cart, or Fear Fall 18 storeys at 82km/hr! Defy gravity on New Zealand's only corkscrew roller coaster or ride the Log Flume with its dramatic water chute plunge. The brand new Kidz Kingdom is also now open at Rainbow's End! The ultimate place to visit for children 8 years and under and the best birthday venue ever! With Magic and Illusion shows from Andre Vegas on weekends and school holidays, it's definitely a full day of entertainment for everyone at Rainbow's End! Rainbow's End is the best place for weekend fun, kids birthday parties and spending some fun time with your family and friends! You deserve it! You pay one entry price which covers all your rides as many times as you like! If you work that out per ride it is really amazing value for the best day out. Only 20 mins from the CBD we are conveniently located with loads of free parking. Open Daily, only closed Christmas Day. See you soon at Rainbow's End!
Christchurch, New Zealand
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Someone really needs to man the gates!”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

We came here the day before we flew back home. As we had had a busy morning and early afternoon we didn't get here until 3.30pm and there was no one on the gates at all and they were wide open. We waited and looked around for someone to come but walked straight through as we had already technically paid as we bought our tickets off grabone the week before, we just needed the wrist band. So off we went, and headed straight for the rides at the back. I went on the invader, and the rollercoaster, then we both went on the log flume, these rides were average and were very disappointed that the rollercoaster ride was so short. On our way out, I decided to go on the Stratosfear as an extreme ride and absolutely loved it, I screamed my lungs out when I felt my bum leave the seat and was being held in by the restraints only. At no point was I asked to show my wristband so had I been someone genuinely looking at sneaking in and getting a free day out, it would have been quite easy. The grabone deal was too good to miss however, and was a good $33 well spent, rather than the $55 entry it is normally

Visited August 2014
sarahm1010, Public Relations Manager at Rainbow's End Theme Park, responded to this review, September 23, 2014
Thanks for your review and we are glad that you enjoyed yourself. Rides are so individual and some rides suit different personalities, it sounds like you prefer the extreme thrill seeking rides so the Stratosfear is well suited to you and glad you liked it, it’s a great ride!
We will need to follow up regarding the wrist band situation as that is very unusual but do appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Birthday Party Dream”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

I wanted to do something special for my daughters 5th birthday and her party at Rainbows End was definitely special. It was so easy to organise, our host on the day was fantastic and the kids just loved Kidz Kingdom and all it had to offer. I cannot recommend it enough. Party or not, if you want a great family day out, Rainbows End is brilliant.

Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
“Kidz kingdom birthday party”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

We had our daughter's 5th birthday party at Kidz Kingdom. What an amazing day! She loved every minute and so did our family and friends. The staff were so helpful, and there was so much available to entertain the kids and the adults!

“Endless Fun!”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

My daughter had her 4th birthday at Kids Kingdom at Rainbowsend. We had 14 kids and 25 adults. We had an awesome time and I strongly recommend this as the perfect venue for anyone looking to spoil their kids and have a great time. Great in all kinds of weather. Well done Rainbowsend we had a blast!

Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Super fun Party!!”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

My daughter just celebrated her 5th birthday here at Kidz Kingdom and she absolutely loved it!! They catered to 43 children and all their parents. I had children from the ages of 5 months to 13 years old. The staff were super friendly and ALL the children enjoyed themselves including the parents!! It was a very easy party to organise and I would gladly do it here again.

Visited July 2014