“Dinner with Book Voucher”

Nineteen Eighty-One
Ranked #22 of 65 Restaurants in Manukau
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We decided to try this place out and right from the start we had a great experience. You walk into a 1980's retro venue, our table was formica with chrome trim, one seat a chair and the other a bench seat with squabs that you share with the next tables. We were quite amused with the menus which were within record covers of the era. The staff were efficient and friendly, the service was excellent and the time between courses was discreetly minimal. The meals we had were well presented, beautifully cooked and very tasty, try the hotpot pie or steak of your choice. Everything on the menu looked good and prices were reasonable. Will definitely return to try some more.

There are newer reviews for Nineteen Eighty-One

Reviewed April 6, 2013

We found 1981 on the internet and then called a friend to see if she knew of it and yes she gave i a very positive review. We turned up and had not made a booking. The staff did not seem fazed at all and had us seated instantly. The menu was explained by an awesomely friendly young lady. My husband ordered the Market Fish dish and for the first time ever he did not finish his dinner. He enjoyed it so much but had never been served so much. I ordered the stuffed chicken dish, the chicken was really nice but i am not sure what the sauce was. That was not so good and would probably not recommend it but over all we had a wonderful time, great atmosphere and friendly staff.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Awesome place to be with family during the day and friends at night ... Food was good and my kids got meals for free every one friendly and great service

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Great ambiance, friendly staff, good food and beer served in old glass bottles!!!
Have been there a few times and even for a halo-ween night was was very colorful.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

This was our first visit at 1981. The waitress was very friendly and informed us of the "Specials". I asked if I could non alcoholic version of one of their cocktail's, she said no problem.

We had the garlic cob for Entree. For Mains, My wife chose the Steak & Kidney pie with mash. I had the sundried tomato and feta cheese stuffed chicken fillet. My wife said it was the best pie she had ever eaten. I really enjoyed the stuffed chicken too.

The decor brought back lots of memories.

Looking forward to our next visit.