“Roll On Next Visit”

Ranked #16 of 72 Restaurants in Manukau
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 16, 2013

This was our first visit at 1981. The waitress was very friendly and informed us of the "Specials". I asked if I could non alcoholic version of one of their cocktail's, she said no problem.

We had the garlic cob for Entree. For Mains, My wife chose the Steak & Kidney pie with mash. I had the sundried tomato and feta cheese stuffed chicken fillet. My wife said it was the best pie she had ever eaten. I really enjoyed the stuffed chicken too.

The decor brought back lots of memories.

Looking forward to our next visit.

Reviewed January 7, 2012

We stumbled across 1981 which is a Macs Bar. Drinks are served in the old fashioned glass milk bottles. Heaps of 80's memorabilia around to use or look at. Food is typical pub grub but all freshly cooked and good value for money. Kids enjoyed playing pacman and couldn't believe that was the height of electronic entertainment when we were teenagers. Well done to whoever came up with this concept.