“Perfection!!!”

ASURE Camelot Arms Motor Lodge
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Manukau
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Right from the first night I stayed here, David and Michael made me feel very welcome. They made sure I had everything I needed for a restful stay. Camelot Arms is handy to Westfield and there are so many great places to eat (the bakery next door is the best!!) since that first night I have become a regular guest and will continue to do so, I love it there!!

For service, cleanliness, value, location, rooms, friendliness and privacy, I rate Camelot Arms the best motel in Auckland.

Wayne.

• Stayed: November 2013
Michael D, Owner at ASURE Camelot Arms Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind comments. We hope to see you in the not too distant future. You're always welcome to come back.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Stayed becoz of location...handy to conference I attended but also close to bus route to airport, walking distance to manukau mall, heaps of places to eat. Location cant be beat. Room was excellent value for money - clean, well presented, excellent. Staff were courteous and very helpful. Only down side was not the fault of the motel but a neighbour who thought it would be fun to play music at 6am on a Saturday morning so everyone could enjoy it! Thanks David & Michael, would happily recommend your motor lodge!

Room Tip: Don't take the room next to the laundry.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Michael D, Owner at ASURE Camelot Arms Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Thank you for your kind words Antony. Sorry about the noise from next door. It came from a team of builders replacing the roof there. We can't do much about it though we've tried. Hopefully they'll be gone before long. You're very welcome to return again.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Im sorry for such a terrible rating, but the accommodation and service was truly terrible. My college and I were staying here for one night and boy we were glad it was only one night! Our room stunk of cigarette smoke, bathroom was dirty, and in the morning we both had what looked like flea bites on our bodies from the sheets. At around 7.30am we popped down the road for about half an hour, when we went to go return the key to the room I was confronted with a very angry man about how I had 'stolen' the key and at this stage he had already rung our boss. His mannerism and attitude towards me as I returned the key was appalling and certainly don't think he should be working at a reception desk. How people think they can get away with speaking to people like this I don't know but we certainly won't be returning, which is a same for sure a great location.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank dani_geek
Michael D, Owner at ASURE Camelot Arms Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to raise your concerns with us. I’ve spoken to my staff about this matter. The room you had did not stink of smoke. However you were seen smoking out the front and back of your room with the doors open. Of course the smoke would drift into the room. There was ash on the ground front and back that needed cleaning.

Many guests praise the cleanliness of our motel. We don’t have fleas in our rooms.

Our reception person did phone your boss up but only because the credit card number we were given was invalid. He was very polite throughout. Your boss reluctantly gave him another number that did work.

You left at 9.30am not 7.30. Since our check out time is ten and it is quite common for people to check out at the time you left. You didn't hand the key in so the person on reception once again phoned your boss. He was very polite throughout. For motels and hotels keys are a very important asset.

He also politely asked you when you came back if you had had a good night’s sleep and you replied “yes, very nice thank you!”

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Spent 1 night in this motel. Clean and comfortable. Handy for going
to the shops for the last minute pressies and plenty of eateries and entertainment around Pleasant stay. Both owners
were helpfull. A laundry available to use for a small fee.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you Dianne for taking the trouble to write your comments. We look forward to having you stay here again. :)

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Camelot Arms is my local when visiting Auckland. The location & customer service is fantastic and is the reason why I choose to stay there. I have tried other motels all over Auckland but always return to my local.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Michael D, Owner at ASURE Camelot Arms Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Thanks very much for your comments Mary. We look forward to you staying here again. You're always welcome.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Booked in at last minute due to mismanagement of my booking by a different motel. Lucky to get a room. Everything very clean, comfortable, and really friendly, helpful new owners. They even offered me a ride when my taxi did not turn up and saved me much grief as I had to be prepared to present a 3-day training. Thank you!

Room Tip: no lifts, book a downstairs room if you don't want to walk stairs.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Michael D, Owner at ASURE Camelot Arms Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Thank you for your kind words of support Cornelia. You are welcome to stay here again and we will offer you the same level of service.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Camelot arms motor lodge has a good location which is very close to one of biggest shopping center in Supper City Auckland . My family stayed there for two nights and our first impression was the motel is very clean and its beautiful garden. All staff member are very friendly and helpful especially two managers. We really appreciated to spend time there and wejalso like a Chinese ancient painting in our room very much.
We would like to thank Tripadvisor because they provides us a good communication channel to share our tour experience with others and express our feelings when we stayed there.

Room Tip: Room 2 has a beautiful Chinese and Italian paintings.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Michael D, Owner at ASURE Camelot Arms Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Thank your very much for your positive comments, Christina! We will continue to do our best.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Manukau
Manukau Motor Lodge
Oakwood Manor
Oakwood Manor
#13 of 23 in Mangere
Holiday Inn Auckland Airport

Been to ASURE Camelot Arms Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!