“Seafood, Cheese, Gelato, Oh My!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Beachcomber Restaurant

Beachcomber Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 23 Restaurants in Kaitaia
Cuisines: Seafood, European, New Zealand
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Singapore, Singapore
“Seafood, Cheese, Gelato, Oh My!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

My partner and I visited the Beachcomber on a short holiday away. We enjoyed our first meal so much we ate there every night afterwards :) Every bit of seafood was mouth watering, the cheese entrees / deserts were heavenly, and the Gelato made you think you were biting into the actual ingredients of the flavour you ordered. The atmosphere and friendly staff were also a bonus. Would visit again anytime, thanks!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Canberra
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of the best restaurant in NZ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

This place was reccommended the best place to eat in Kaitaia, but we found it to be one of the best places to eat in the North Island! It was amazing. The staff provided great service, and the menus and table decorations are unique too.

Visited October 2012
Saskatoon
“Fabulous food, fabulous service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

We arrived late in the evening, but were still served a wonderful dinner by a cheerful waiter. Delightful!

Visited February 2012
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Pretty much as good as it gets for small town dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

I travel to the Far North region frequently and often eat here - especially if I have guests. The food is alway superb and the service friendly. I strongly recommend you try their poached scallops .... They're a treat to remember!

Kaitaia, New Zealand
“STANDARDS SLIPPING”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

I am usually a great fan of the beachcomber and enjoy taking people there when we have visitors to town, BUT the last two times i went there the food was not up to its usual standard. So I am compelled to write this review so they can improve this. My chicken schnitzel was dry and just short of burnt. I think there must be a new cook in the house as the usual cook has never cooked like this before. On the other occasion our group was also told straight away by the waitress that they close in under an hour and we had to hurry. There was no menu offered for dessert or coffee after our mains, also the salad althougn nice was missing some of the food. If they didnt want us there they should have said straight away. We could have taken our $300 odd dollars somewhere else. Please Beachcomber up your game or well be eating elsewhere.

• Visited August 2012