Beautiful location, had excellent during our stay there. Excellent Golf Course, first nine has a number of hidden shots which could do with more location pointers so one knows where to aim, 4th Hole in particular. Stayed in Lodge, room was average, not well laid out, heat pump should be more centrally placed. Bathroom is not well appointed, expect to be fully tiled, heated floor etc. Restaurant had limited evening menu selection, and varied in quality depending on Chef. Woman Chef in particular was really bad, worst pasta I have ever eaten, Steak asked to be cooked medium well, came out almost rare. Other chefs were better! But for a menu with 3 salmon dishes to run out of salmon was inexcusable! Very limited options outside of Peppers, Kaitaia and Mangonui lack decent cafes. Beautiful spot if you want to relax and do nothing, but needs better places to park and read a book. Chairs in room average, no couch. Club bar which had some nice couches and spaces was hardly ever open. Nice swimming pool area. Given limited number of rooms hard to see how this resort can ever be profitable, needs to either go High end like Kauri Cliffs, or build 60 extra rooms and target busloads of tourists, perhaps aim to Asian Golf Market.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the luxury and charm of Carrington Estate, situated on the beautiful Karikari Peninsula, and relax and explore the Heart of Northland. Carrington Estate sprawls amidst 3000 acres of the most pristine scenery that Northland has to offer, creating the perfect spot from which to explore the wonders of the region. Luxuriate and enjoy your comfortable spacious accommodation, where wonders sit at your doorstep, and a thousand journeys await. Let the stunning surroundings inspire and beckon you to experience the delights and hidden secrets of the local land, people, and culture. With a wealth of activities, including a championship-standard golf course, an award-winning winery, and easy access to the highlights of the region, Carrington Estate has something for everyone. Book your holiday, wedding, or corporate event at Carrington Estate today and discover the stunning Heart of Northland! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Carrington Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carrington Hotel Kaitaia
- Carrington Hotel North Island
- Carrington Resort Kaitaia, New Zealand - North Island