We had booked and paid for this resort 5 months ago, and were a little disappointed on arrival to find ourselves in a dark corner room with no view of the beautiful surroundings and right on the pathway from reception to the bar / restaurant. The duty manager explained that the hotel was full and this was the only room available but would see if he could change room for us the following day. The resort has been taken over by a Chinese company and the new owners had arrived for the hand over ceremony, thus all rooms occupied. Happily, we discovered the next morning that we had an upgrade to one of their beautiful lodges on the golf course. Fantastic views, great accommodation, powerful shower and sky tv! We ate breakfast and dinner at the resort and the food was very good. We had a lunch at the KariKari winery, and it was delicious.
All staff at the resort were friendly and welcoming, we played golf and thoroughly enjoyed the course which we found to be in good condition and challenging.
Don't miss a trip to the white sandy, deserted beach. It is worth the off road golf cart ride and trek through the dunes, even if we were shattered when we got back to the hotel.
I would recommend this resort for couples who like golf, wine, relaxing and amazing scenery. There's nothing else close to the resort, but there's plenty to see in the Far North if you fancy a road trip or two.
We even got to see the welcoming ceremony for the new owners complete with Maori Hakka welcome, music and lots of flags.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the luxury and charm of Carrington Estate, situated on the beautiful Karikari Peninsula, and relax and explore the Heart of Northland. Carrington Estate sprawls amidst 3000 acres of the most pristine scenery that Northland has to offer, creating the perfect spot from which to explore the wonders of the region. Luxuriate and enjoy your comfortable spacious accommodation, where wonders sit at your doorstep, and a thousand journeys await. Let the stunning surroundings inspire and beckon you to experience the delights and hidden secrets of the local land, people, and culture. With a wealth of activities, including a championship-standard golf course, an award-winning winery, and easy access to the highlights of the region, Carrington Estate has something for everyone. Book your holiday, wedding, or corporate event at Carrington Estate today and discover the stunning Heart of Northland! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Carrington Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carrington Hotel Kaitaia
- Carrington Hotel North Island
- Carrington Resort Kaitaia, New Zealand - North Island