My wife and I had an overnight getaway at the resort early november '12.
- The highlight would have to be the Chef. His food was fantastic and his small dishes to break up the meal were sensational.
- We liked the personalised welcome note in our room from the manager and the decor was tastefully done.
- The views were amazing and really made the location special
- The golf course looked amazing and viewing the grounds on the buggy was great.
- Overall, the service was warm and friendly
- Checking in at the main reception would have been nice, instead of at the golf shop. It wasnt the nicest welcome and was unexpected given the calibre of the hotel. However, that slightly negative first impression was made up for by the lady behind the desk who was very friendly and gave us a helpful tour of the facilities.
- It would be nice if some arrangement could be arranged so that opened bottles could be transferred between the winery and the restaurant given that they are on the same property.
- Something that couldnt be helped was the wind of both the hotel and winery given their exposed location. The only option for shelter at the winery was sitting inside a gazebo which wasnt ideal as the plastic windows obscured the view. Indoor seating inside something more permanent with glass windows would've been preferred.
- After hours contact. At about 2130hrs I tried calling the operator, reception, room service and house keeping to see if a pair of spectacles had been found, but no one answered. It would be nice if someone was contactable if guests had queries.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the luxury and charm of Carrington Estate, situated on the beautiful Karikari Peninsula, and relax and explore the Heart of Northland. Carrington Estate sprawls amidst 3000 acres of the most pristine scenery that Northland has to offer, creating the perfect spot from which to explore the wonders of the region. Luxuriate and enjoy your comfortable spacious accommodation, where wonders sit at your doorstep, and a thousand journeys await. Let the stunning surroundings inspire and beckon you to experience the delights and hidden secrets of the local land, people, and culture. With a wealth of activities, including a championship-standard golf course, an award-winning winery, and easy access to the highlights of the region, Carrington Estate has something for everyone. Book your holiday, wedding, or corporate event at Carrington Estate today and discover the stunning Heart of Northland! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Carrington Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carrington Hotel Kaitaia
- Carrington Hotel North Island
- Carrington Estate Kaitaia, New Zealand - North Island