“Lovely stay”
Review of Tatahi Lodge Motel

Tatahi Lodge Motel
Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

Nice room in excellent condition, beach towels provided as well as room towels and parking directly outside the door. Hosts were very helpful keeping the laundry open late for us. Only negatives were the noisy fridge and lack of insect mesh on windows so we couldn't leave windows open without flies coming into to the room at night.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Tatahi Lodge Motel

Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

Certainly one of the best backpackers I've visited so far! The place is peaceful, clean, and the communal area (kitchen - living room) is perfect to socialize.
In addition, Richard and Debby are warm welcoming, very friendly and so helpful!

I would definitely recommand this place! See you later Richard & Debby !

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Our family of two adults and two teenagers stayed at Tatahi Lodge and we absolutely enjoyed it. We chose this place as we were going on the sea kayak tour early in the morning and wanted to be close to where the tour took off from and be close to Hot Water Beach which is about 8km away. Our accommodation was a two bedroom villa which was spotlessly clean, nicely furnished and really spacious and cosy. The owners were really friendly and helpful, and gave us complimentary beach towels to use when we went to visit Hot Water Beach. Unfortunately these got rather soaked as we were caught in a downpour but they were very understanding and told us not to worry about them. There were also spades attached to each unit that you can take with you so you didn't have to worry about hiring them there. Our only regret is that we could only stay one night. It was in such a peaceful, quiet location so it was quite relaxing. The only downside is Hahei is a small town so its best to bring food supplies with you. They do have a shop but its quite pricey and closes early and there is nowhere to get a meal after 6pm. However I would totally recommend this place to anyone if they were looking for a more peaceful and picturesque part of the Coromandels to stay in

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank noonie1966
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I stayed here for a night as I had a Kayak tour booked around Cathedral Cove (highly recommend). The Motel is a very short walk away from Hahei Beach where the tour starts. We booked a Garden Studio for a good rate online, $120. The room was immaculate, very clean and cosy. I had a great nights sleep on the bed. The location itself is very peaceful and quite. I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AusTraveller_881
Reviewed November 8, 2013

For $160/ a night for 3 adults, this room is a steal. It can easily accommodate 6. It is cosy, very well furnished and easily the most luxurious motel room I have stayed, in New Zealand. It is a stand-alone building with a huge and well maintained garden. It is located in a quiet neighbourhood, a short distance to Cathedral Cove. Book early if you planned to stay longer.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lenny700
Reviewed October 13, 2013

My experience after staying in tatahi Lodge is strongly positive.

Regarding the staff, the owners of the place were absolutely friendly and kind with me. They are very cosy and they are always trying to make you have a good time. They are also always willing to answer all your inquiries and also to help you with clever advice.

Regarding the facilities, Tatahi Lodge has very nice rooms and common areas that make you feel at home. It is quite nice to share a room with other people because you get to know them, and after my experience there, the people I met were very interesting and nice with me. I really felt as in home.

This cheery lodge is located at one of the most beautiful coasts of New Zealand and it’s close to everything: attractions, market and beaches, including hot water beach and cathedral cove.

After my experience there, I strongly recommend that if you want to have some tranquil days and enjoy the peaceful paradise of Hahei, then the best place to stay during those days, is Tatahi Lodge.

Room Tip: 5 beds rooms at the back of the lodge may be quieter because they are farther from the kitchen
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I had two really nice days in the hostel, I just felt like home in the wooden lounge, playing card games and having dinner all together was so nice. And I took full advantage of the mountain bike (the first hostelbike that is actually working properly!!)I feel like I could spend so much more time here, but unfortunately I have to leave.thx fo everything, Katharina

• Stayed: September 2013
DEBBIE E, Owner at Tatahi Lodge Motel, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2013

Thank you for staying with us. , We loved having you. Enjoy your holiday

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hahei
Beachside Resort Whitianga
Beachside Resort Whitianga
#1 of 18 in Whitianga
Coromandel TOP 10 Holiday Park
Hahei Holiday Resort
The Church Accommodation
Hot Water Beach TOP 10 Holiday Park
Hahei Horizon Bed & Breakfast

Been to Tatahi Lodge Motel? Share your experiences!