“Peaceful, Cosy & Clean”

Tatahi Lodge Motel
Melbourne, Australia
“Peaceful, Cosy & Clean”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

I stayed here for a night as I had a Kayak tour booked around Cathedral Cove (highly recommend). The Motel is a very short walk away from Hahei Beach where the tour starts. We booked a Garden Studio for a good rate online, $120. The room was immaculate, very clean and cosy. I had a great nights sleep on the bed. The location itself is very peaceful and quite. I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AusTraveller_881

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

For $160/ a night for 3 adults, this room is a steal. It can easily accommodate 6. It is cosy, very well furnished and easily the most luxurious motel room I have stayed, in New Zealand. It is a stand-alone building with a huge and well maintained garden. It is located in a quiet neighbourhood, a short distance to Cathedral Cove. Book early if you planned to stay longer.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lenny700
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

My experience after staying in tatahi Lodge is strongly positive.

Regarding the staff, the owners of the place were absolutely friendly and kind with me. They are very cosy and they are always trying to make you have a good time. They are also always willing to answer all your inquiries and also to help you with clever advice.

Regarding the facilities, Tatahi Lodge has very nice rooms and common areas that make you feel at home. It is quite nice to share a room with other people because you get to know them, and after my experience there, the people I met were very interesting and nice with me. I really felt as in home.

This cheery lodge is located at one of the most beautiful coasts of New Zealand and it’s close to everything: attractions, market and beaches, including hot water beach and cathedral cove.

After my experience there, I strongly recommend that if you want to have some tranquil days and enjoy the peaceful paradise of Hahei, then the best place to stay during those days, is Tatahi Lodge.

Room Tip: 5 beds rooms at the back of the lodge may be quieter because they are farther from the kitchen
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

I had two really nice days in the hostel, I just felt like home in the wooden lounge, playing card games and having dinner all together was so nice. And I took full advantage of the mountain bike (the first hostelbike that is actually working properly!!)I feel like I could spend so much more time here, but unfortunately I have to leave.thx fo everything, Katharina

• Stayed September 2013
DEBBIE E, Owner at Tatahi Lodge Motel, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. , We loved having you. Enjoy your holiday
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

Initially we had planned to stay for one day and then move to another place for another day. However, when we got in and had such a pleasant and warm welcome ... saw the room was so cosy and clean, we decided to stay for 2 nights. Had such a wonderful time. The owner, Richard was ever so pleasant and helpful in so many ways. Highly recommend this place if you are looking for a place to stay in Hahei or Hot Water Beach area.

Room Tip: The 2-bedroom motel units are so conveniently located. Laundry room is near-by. Great for families...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
DEBBIE E, Owner at Tatahi Lodge Motel, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you , we are pleased you enjoyed your time with us and got to experience the magic of Cathedral Cove and Hot Water Beach
Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Near the hot water beach and the Cathedral Cove. Very nice place , lovely rooms and clean. Nice garden. The owner in kind and helpfull. The only problem after 7 o'clock no food around. Well equiped place.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Brecon, Wales, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

We stayed in a lovely 2 bedroomed unit (1 large double, 1 comfortable twin) with a well appointed kitchen/living room and a good sized bathroom. We had a garden with BBQ furniture etc but unfortunately didn't arrive early enough in the day to make use of everything! No sense of it being a backpacker hostel at all - more like a quiet motel. Very clean and beautiful grounds. However, be warned that you need to be organised for food when staying in Hahei. Either shop in a supermarket before you get there....or risk having to eat out...the nearby takeaway was closed, the local restaurant is expensive, and we ended up having to drive quite a few km to find a fish and chip shop. This was midweek, midwinter and after 7pm, to put it into context. I used the laundry facilities - new, efficient machines and there was an airer to borrow overnight instead of tumble drying everything. It's a bit of a drive to Hot Water Beach but the wonderful hosts asked us if we needed to borrow anything - we took a number of spades and towels, which we returned mid afternoon (even though we checked out at 10am) - great service with a smile. My children found a box of bats and balls to play with. Beautiful beach just a short walk away. Would happily return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hahei
Beachside Resort Whitianga
#5 of 17 in Whitianga
Hahei Holiday Resort
The Church Accommodation
Hot Water Beach TOP 10 Holiday Park

Been to Tatahi Lodge Motel? Share your experiences!