“Great location”
Review of Tatahi Lodge Motel

Tatahi Lodge Motel
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Excellent facilities and accommodation. Great location. Debbie and Richard very welcoming and friendly, nothing too much trouble. Great bar/restaurant on site. Lovely beach at the end of the road, Cathedral Cove very close. Definately stay there again.
Thank you Liz and John from UK.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 12, 2011

The studio we stayed was absolutely lovely and in beautiful surroundings. Debbie and Richard really do know how to make their guests feel welcome and were very helpful, they also think of everything including a spade for your visit to Hot Water Beach in Hahei.

Thanks from Chris & Nikki Mills in the UK.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Tatahi is just a few minutes away from the naked bus stop and the grocery store. It's also near the main road headed to tatahi beach. Definitely a good location.

The host is very friendly and kind too. I booked a backpacker's lodge for 4 and got upgraded to a 2 room villa as the backpacker's was occupied by a student group. 28 nzd per person per night for such an amazing place, I can't believe my luck! So thankful!

The rooms are very clean and the beds have warm comforters, hence a good night sleep for me and my friends to get us ready for our early morning walk to cathedral cove.

Will definitely return to this place :)

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed September 4, 2011

I recently escaped to Tatahi Lodge for 9 days of rest and relaxation and it was exactly what I was after. After reading all the raving reviews about the Lodge, I thought I might have my hopes set too high, but it completely lived up to expectations. The backpackers is kept very clean and the common areas are great for socialising. The showers are awesome, with amazing pressure. It is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. I highly recommend it and I will definitely go back the next time I need to retreat from real life again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed May 10, 2011

We stayed 2 nights in a 2 bed cabin. Lovely enough, large lounge/diner, good kitchen, nice rooms.
The resort is walking distance to a bar and shops, drive to Cathedral Cove and Hot Water Beach ( spade provided )
A Laundry on site and internet access.
Only downside would be how close you are to the neighbours. We had a very noisy family next door with young children. The walls are very thin and you can hear conversations and children crying etc.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 16, 2011

Stunning, clean, friendly hostel. Spotless facilities, bathrooms inside, across the hall from the rooms (which I LOVE!!). LOVELY hosts. Stunning setting. Beautifully landscaped. 10/10. Comfy rooms/beds.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank sssshhhh80
Reviewed January 30, 2011

Would highly recommend this backpacker motel to anyone in this area. It's reasonably priced, close to everything, and very clean. We did have a minor accident where someone in our room was having $ex during our stay. But I guess everyone's got needs.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank cantfindaname10
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hahei
Beachside Resort Whitianga
Hot Water Beach TOP 10 Holiday Park
Beachfront Resort
Beachfront Resort
#3 of 18 in Whitianga

Been to Tatahi Lodge Motel? Share your experiences!