“Not if you're a first timer in Guam” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Leo Palace Resort

Leo Palace Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Yona
Shanghai
“Not if you're a first timer in Guam”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

This place is in the center part of Guam, in the hills.
30 minute drive to the beach, but they have good pool.
I use this resort if they give me a good rate on a long stay.
They have a nice gim to work out, and also track and field for training.
I also like their activities like star glazing.
It was my third time in Guam when I first stayed at this resort,
and thinking of going back.
Definately not a good choise if your main interest is on the beach.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Kiyoshi Y

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

I shouldn't have to explain much, the photos attached will explain to you the quality of the room. When told about the MOLD IN THE BATHROOM, they said not to worry because it's under the grout. Everything was broken from the coffee maker to the toaster. The employees were great, they at least tried to help by exchanging the appliances for working ones, they worked at every request but it was far beyond just a simple fix.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank GuamTopher
Tumon, Mariana Islands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2010

The first time I checked in Leo Palace, it was like a 5 Star Hotel to me, the room was so clean & sanitized well, you can easily tell from the way the room looked & smell.
Now when we came back it was so frustrating, it gave us sleeples night, you can see some cobwebs specially in the bathroom, their bed - it was so awful, they never changed the bedsheet, linen even the pillow cases. It was really disgusting you could even smell the last guest who used it. It even gave us a lot of insect bites all over our body the following day when we woke up. We're supposed to extend the stay but this condition made us think twice. What is going on with the Leo Palace Housekeeping, I hope the management is fully aware of what is happening, your company image as a whole is at stake here.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
7 Thank dixie2010
san lorenzo
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2010

Wife,baby and I decided to stay at resort simply because we heard great things about golf course. She said this would be a great gift for myself. My wife is originally from Guam...now living in California. They gave us local rate of approx. $7 off from visitors' rates. The rooms had marking all over the walls, the comforter had stains, and the carpet looked terrible. Had dinner at their LAGO restaurant and to describe the experience from their eatery in just 1 word...HORRIBLE! The restaurant was nearly empty, and so the staff went on to treat the patrons as though the restaurant was empty. Food was terrible, service was worse. After bringing our meals, no one from the wait staff approached our table for another 35 mins, and that was only because i called somone over to us. Another unfortunate patron had to raise his hand for nearly 6 mins before someone approached his table. The evening did get slightly better once we ran out of the restaurant and continued on to their bowling alley...by far the best event of the evening. We then continued on to play a bit of table tennis where i unfortunately left behind my nikkon sl-3000 on one of the ping-pong tables. Not realizing it till the next morning, i immediately ran to the front office and notified them of my mistake. They seemed to treat me as though they were being bothered. They simply said if it shows up, we'll notify you. I began calling other departments of the hotel later that morning to again feel as though i was nothing more than a nuisance. A manager was never called nor did one ever phone me after leaving the resort. I would never stay at this subpar resort ever again nor would i recommend this place to anyone. To top it off, i never got around to playing golf. They do not give discounts to the hotel guests, which made no sense to me. Oh yeah, one more thing. The golf course charges the locals $35 for a round of golf...$110 to the outsiders, regardless if you stay at the hotel or not. What a racket.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
5 Thank atrain7
msp
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2010

Got a cheap deal on the Internet to stay here so despite its distance from the beach we gave it a try.
The resort hotel is located in the middle of the island so without a car you are stuck with a bus schedule to and from the resort. We rented a car and I recommed it if you plan on seeing Guam. I have to emphasize that the resort's location is extremely inconvenient to anything.
We arrived and were impressed with the grounds. Its a beautifully maintained exterior with golf course. The resort just opened a bowling alley.
The bad - the rooms are awful. What is striking is as you get closer to the buildings you can immediately see they are not in good condition. Looks old and out of maintenance. The halways are scratched and marked. The interior of the rooms smells like mold and mildew and our room book had mold on it as do the areas around the roon vents. My wife had an immediate reaction. I went to the front desk for a room chnage and they suggested spraying disinfectant to make it better. I refused. Saw two more rooms with the same results. Finally I paid to upgrade to the condo. That was a lot better and no longer any mold smell. The furniture there was soiled and dirty.
Overall - a bad room experience. Great for the grounds but I do not recommend spending any time here given its current room condition and distance from the sights.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank taisho01
Toledo, OH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2009

I stayed for over a month while on a business leisure trip. I would go back in a heartbeat and I would never stay anywhere else. Yes, they cater to the Japanese as does every hotel on the island. Japanese are the biggest tourists on the island. As far as safety, you can't beat it. 24 hour security and because of the remote location, you won't have any problems. The swimming pools were great, my kids used them everyday and made friends with the lifeguards. They were all very nice. The rooms were clean, well maintained and I didn't have one problem the whole stay.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank Oh_Piggy
Alaska
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2009

The first impression that you get when you arrive at the Leo Palace is "Wow"......a lot of land, a lot of complexes and beautiful landscaping. BUT, once you get into the hotel (which is where we stayed), the front desk assumed that my husband spoke Japanese. All of Guam caters to Asian people (especially Japanese since it is a good place to take a vacation since its so close to Japan. Before arriving to the room which was located on the same floor as the lobby, I noticed that the carpet and walls were stained and marked up. Once arriving to the room, we arrived to an okay room. It was a very large room with a wonderful bathroom. The only problem was that the beds were very small (its between a twin and full in the US description of bed sizes) and hard!! Since we were travelling with small children and after two nights, I eventually moved the beds together to make a king size bed. The sheets were nice, but the comforter and other blanket were rough and very used. After a couple days, the ANTS (small) started showing up on the desk near the fridge. Who knows if they made it into our food in the fridge, but they were present every day after that. The bathroom was enjoyable since the shower and bathtub were enclosed as one space so the kids could take a bath without making a mess in the bathroom and get the floor wet. The breakfast buffet was okay, but again catered to Asian people (Asian food) and my son loved the bowling alley. It is very family friendly, but since I have standards (which I don't think are that high), I would not recommend this hotel because of the size and hardness of the bed and the ants. Guam caters to Asian people so don't expect to be treated as well as they are.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank AlaskaDolly
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yona
Guam Reef & Olive Spa Resort
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,024 reviews
Sheraton Laguna Guam Resort
The Westin Resort Guam
Holiday Resort & Spa Guam

Been to Leo Palace Resort? Share your experiences!