“DREAMWORLD”

Dreamworld and WhiteWater World Gold Coast - World Pass
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Coomera
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: For more than three decades, Dreamworld has been Australia's favourite theme park bringing joy to more than 30 million guests from around the globe. Home to more than 40 rides and attractions including the park's famous Big 9 Thrill Rides, Wiggles World, DreamWorks Experience, exciting live shows, Tiger Island, a host of characters plus more than 500 native Australian animals as well as an Indigenous experience at Dreamworld Corroboree, there is something for everyone at Dreamworld. For more worlds of fun, swap your shorts for a swimsuit, slip through the interconnecting gate and slide in for the ride of your life at WhiteWater World, located just next door.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Stroller parking, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“DREAMWORLD”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We went to Dreamworld as a family, grandparents (my husband and I), daughter and her twin 9 year old boys. We all had a great day. However, I was disappointed to see a few of the attractions meant putting money into a slot to operate such as the remote controlled boats which I think was $2. I felt that having paid enough for entry, that everything should have been included. Not too much of a problem if you can steer the children away from those things.

The children enjoyed the Madagascar show and the rides - they suddenly became very brave and wanted to go on rides which we knew would have been too much for them but we did allow them to join the queue for a few of the more adventurous rides that were a bit more suitable for their age. We went out of school holidays so the queues were never too long.

Coming from Melbourne, we booked our tickets beforehand through RACV and got a discount plus there was a discount for being seniors - every little bit saved counts.

Visited July 2012

• Thai first
Sydney, Australia
“Great thrills”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

First time going to Dreamworld and I loved it! Not an awfully huge park but has enough rides and things to do to keep you occupied for the whole day. Price of food and drinks were average/expected for these places. Great rides for everyone to enjoy- visited a few weeks before school holidays so lines were short. I would also recommend buying tickets online so you don't have to queue up at the entry to buy tickets!

Visited March 2013
“Great family outing, hide your own food and stay away from from those Windham resort reps.”
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

We all enjoyed our time. However be prepared to spend money within the park. The ride photos are good and a worthwhile momentum. We definitely got our money's worth by going out of season. My son and I loved the tower of terror.

We were reminded however that we are not allowed to bring our own food. You are however allowed to bring your own food for white water world, which is a bit inconsistent given that you could just bring it across since the two worlds are connected. I guess it's all about money at the end.

While walking around we were approached by a Windham resort representative. They offered us a free meal voucher for the Hard Rock Cafe if we attend their sales spill for 1.5 hrs. Well we said yes and ended up going to the Windham hotel to listen to the presentation. We were sitting there with a bunch of other suckers who were recruited all avere the Gold Coast. To cut a long story short, the Windham deal smelled a very bad idea from the start but it felt they are not going to let us go unless we signed up. They give you 20000 points he dry year of you purchase a holiday share for $50k. Then I asked if that is all I have to pay and only then they mentioned the $1500/year maintenance fee on top of that. The 20000 points will get you a week in darling harbour or a little more in some other places. We gave them a holiday scenarios and they didn't even have a place in Munich city were we would normally stay. After doing the sums in my head quickly based on 7% interest and $50k plus the annual maintenance fee of $1500 I ended up with a financial commitment of $5000 per year. I don't know how much other people pay for their holiday but I can get a nice holiday accommodation for $5000 for two or more weeks. What a scam. Anyway, here's the deal. Listen to their BS for two hours, get a free dinner voucher for Hard Rock Cafe worth $130 but under no circumstances sign up to their accommodation holiday time share deal.

I am a little bit disappointedly that the dreamworld operator allows organizations such as Windham to promote their crappy little scams to honest Australian families.

Melbourne Australia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Always good”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Dreamworld has never failed to impress. As far as Australian theme parks go it is always the most requested by my family as there is something for everyone.

Visited January 2013
Shellharbour, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Dream World & White Water World”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Excellent, great rides in both parks could easily spend a day in each park. Great for adrenalin junkie teenagers (and Mums) easy to carry food, get lockers. Teens loved Dreamworld rollercoasters I loved White Water world we all loved Tower of Terror.

Visited March 2013