“Really slow service and food was average”

Waterfire Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #16 of 29 Restaurants in Coomera
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Good atmosphere for a tavern meal.
We had a group of 7 and waited 1 hour for our entrees then another 45 minutes for our main meals.
The meat was tough and some of the meals were not hot
I would give this place a big swerve
Even on their own website they have a place where people give feedback and people have put negative feedback to them without any reply from the management.
Not professional
To put some balance to my review. I have eaten at Waterfire before this meal and it was OK. This was in 2011

There are newer reviews for Waterfire Restaurant & Bar

Reviewed December 31, 2012

As locals we went here for my mums birthday dinner recently as it was nice and close and we hadn't been to the boathouse tavern for a few years. The outside dining area is beautiful lots of atmosphere and a great play section to keep the kids entertained. However all of our main meals came out a different times and then my mum got a piece of plastic in her meal. I had a pasta dish with pine nuts it was okay. Everyone else said there meals were ok, nothing special. When we went inside to speak to the chef about the piece of plastic he didn't apologise, he just said all the food comes out of plastic take away containers and that's probably how her meal ended up with plastic in it- yuk! We ordered some deserts to share and they were really good but I probably wouldn't go back here.

1  Thank sarakate83
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Went here for a family dinner for my brother in laws birthday on Thursday night. Service was shocking, thought in hospitality you had to have a good attitude? One of my friends ordered a steak medium rare and it came out well done and tiny. She let the chef know it was over cooked and he argued saying that's how it should be done (brown not pink) she asked for a replacement he rollered his eyes and said I could but it will take 20 minutes and it will be exactly the same.. What!? Others meals weren't bad value $20 for rump and ribs on a Thursday prices were not bad. Nice view and atmosphere but based on service and attitude would not come here again, especially with family.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

We will never go back to this restaurant. We stopped here and on first impressions everything seemed okay - it went to pot pretty quickly after that. They had a special on - buy entree & main for $25.00, so we decided on that. We were told when we ordered it would be half an hour wait on entrees and then another half an hour on mains - it didn't seem overly busy, it was out last chance before skipping lunch altogether so we waited. We waited and waited and waited. When people who sat down after us and order after us began receiving their meals we were beginning to become most annoyed. When we asked a waiter we were told our meals were on they way out - we got our mains no entrees! Not one of the wait staff came to check on us and our empty table of food. Oh you haven't had your entrees yet, stated the waitress when we questioned, ah no! My husband did enjoy his steak, I had ordered grilled fish and it was cold. We arranged for the credit of the entree portion of the meal and when getting this credit back and staff were questioned as to what happened I was told that the kitchen staff are not to be argued with and they said the meals had been sent out - perhaps gone to a wrong table, I was assured by the waitress staff that no meals were handled by them. Her response was totally unsatisfactory - I don't care how the relationship between kitchen & wait staff is, I wanted to know why it happened. We certainly will not be going back.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

I came here for my birthday dinner on a Thursday night. It was very busy and like most restaurants at a tavern, you queue up to have your order taken. We were told it was a 50 minute wait for meals.

Fortunately, we had a booth and the ambience is fantastic. Outdoor seating with water canals running between the timber decking floor and terrific mood lighting. The booth was comfortable with curtains that can be pulled over if you want privacy.

I ordered the Fisherman's Basket and this was fantastic. Under $30 for the best hot seafood basket I have ever had. Grilled Barrimundi, scallops, tempura prawns, to die for sheets of calamari and some crab claw concoction that I had never seen before.

They do have nightly deals on and I was tempted by the $20 steak and baby back combo that night, but so glad I opted for the Fisherman's basket as I will definitely be going back to taste that again.

1  Thank ODN67