“Polite”
Review of Coomera Motor Inn

Coomera Motor Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Coomera
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

The staff and in fact the entire motel had an air of "politeness". Whilst clean and tidy, the place could do with a refurbishment. Beds were sagging and fridge struggled to do it's job as the seal was worn and pulled away from the door. Location excellent however. Would stay again overnight. Pool was clean but needed a quick skim of leaves. Definite plus was double glazing... Surrounded by hwy but not a sound of traffic unless you open doors and windows.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank disappointed262013

Reviewed April 1, 2014

We had a hand basin in the bathroom that was cracked with cigarette burns. No Foxtel as advertised. VERY noisy with highways both sides of the building. No power points to use. WIFI so slow it was useless.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank KatyLea
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Absolutely fantastic... There is nothing bad I could say about this place. The manage was extremely helpful and very friendly, the room was great, the Chinese restaurant upstairs delicious....Walking distance to Dreamworld and shops, a courtesy bus that can take you to Movieworld... My family and I could not be happier.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Oompstar
Reviewed January 14, 2014

My family and myself stayed here from the 1st of jan to the 7th of jan and i would like to say that we had a great time our kids enjoyed the pool it was nice to come home from the theme parks on the very hot day and then go for a nice cool dip. :) The manager Tony he was very nice and friendly, our room was nice and cool with the air con and tv the only thing that i would of liked was a bigger fridge and ours did not keep icecream frozen my partner found that out when he got some icecream from the pizza shop he could not eat it all so put it in the freezer when he got it out the next day it was no longer choc ice cream but choc milk lol that was the only problem we had with our room

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Emma D
Reviewed January 5, 2014

My family and I stayed here for 2 nights so we could take our daughter and her friend to dream world. (It is walking distance.) And to be honest, I really enjoyed my stay here. This place offered exactly what we needed- A comfy bed, air conditioning, TV/DVD Pool- and at a good price. Yep, the place looks old and tired, but we did not book this place thinking it was a resort. The manager was so welcoming and friendly that we felt at home right away. My daughter and her friend enjoyed swimming in the pool after being at Dream world all day, and my husband and I enjoyed the local shops around the corner and laying in bed watching movies in the late afternoon. The only issue I can say is that our air conditioner was very noisy! It worked well though.
A very relaxing stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Renee9x9
Reviewed January 1, 2014

The room (no. 14) seemed satisfactory at first but the tap on the sink leaked all over the counter. When we looked in the cupboard under the sink it was full of mould. The mould had clearly been there a long time as it was about 1cm high and the stench was awful. When I spoke to the manager on duty he was not apologetic, and was in fact quite rude. He said he had no idea about it, but it was clear that someone knew, because the cabinet was so rotten they had put extra screws in it to keep it together. I was not offered any kind of refund and I doubt anything has been done about it since.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank scove14
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Well, what can we say about this motel that will give everyone a relatively accurate idea of what to expect.
We stayed recently in a family room at the far end of the complex. Yeh, it was a tad tired but honestly the room had everything we needed and it was very functional for our 2 + 2 family.
Unlike other reviewers we found the motel quite easily but we did have the day at Dreamworld first. So maybe we saw it on the way in.
Tony, who dealt with our check in and check out was very helpful and friendly, which was appreciated.
The pool was pleasant but the biggest plus was proximity to Dreamworld, ie walking distance.
We did eat in the Asian restaurant one night and I must say it was an unusual experience, not bad, not great .... just different. Of course part of the experience was eating with a 13 yo who is a vegetarian who won't eat vegetables... crazy .... huh?
All in all, a pleasant 2 day stay
Oh yeah .... one thing that could be improved .... very noisy air conditioning unit ... but at least it worked

Room Tip: Morning coffee at new shopping centre