“Worst Thai restaurant ever!”
Review of Eagle Thai

Eagle Thai
Ranked #13 of 20 Restaurants in Eagle Heights
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Lismore, Australia
“Worst Thai restaurant ever!”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

After seeing display board outside that stated "Winner best Thai Restaurant Gold Coast (? 2012 or 2011) we thought we'd give it a go. Service was slow. Spring rolls oily and over cooked. The stale oil smell permeated the whole building and was a real put off. Mains were equally disappointing, bland and half cooked. If this was one of the best Thai on coast, i shudder to think what the worst one must be like!!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Richard E

Bamaga, Australia
“Oily & Disappointing!”
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

We visited Eagle Thai recently and were really disappointed. The place really lacks in aesthetics. Most Thai restaurants have beautiful decor but this place doesn't. I was willing to overlook this but when our food arrived I felt like I should have gone with my gut instinct & left as soon as we walked in the door.

My Pad Thai was so oily & salty that I felt sick after eating it. My family also felt the same about their meals saying they tasted MSG too!

Staff were quite attentive & our meal did arrive quickly but this is the only positive out of the place. I wouldn't return.

1 Thank VeganMummy
Gold Coast, Australia
“Terrible”
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

We dined here for the first time last night.
After reading the reviews, this place seemed a bit hit and miss so we thought we would give it a go and make our own decision.
The mixed entree was average. The spring roll practically in edible as it was overcooked. The money bag and Samosa was not the best either. The only thing I can say that was ok was the satay stick which I have definitely had done better at other Thai restaurants.
Our mains were salty and had far too much MSG.
Overall a thoroughly disappointing meal for which we paid over $90.
We definitely won't be returning.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank mooshiemoo
Aus
“Didn't think Thai could ever taste this bad”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We were limited with choices to dine at Mt Tamborine on a Monday night. So we came here thinking we've never really had a bad experience with Thai restaurants, so thought we were making a pretty safe choice. WRONG. We ordered the very common Pad Thai and Laksa. Let's just say I could not even finish the Laksa as it was so salty and normally my husband who is not as sensitive to eat out food as I am, even his tongue was tingling from the amount of salt and MSG that was in our dishes before we even finished. All I can say is avoid this restaurant. They pride themselves as 'Food you can taste', that's because they put so much salt in there there's nothing else you can taste! $50AUD down the drain for the worst Thai food ever.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank jenn_xoxo
Silverdale, WA
“BEST Thai food we've ever eaten!!”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Had the sweet and mild massaman curry. Both of us thought we'd died and gone to HEAVEN. I added a second order to take home, it was so good! The pad thai (add extra veggies for $3) was EXCEPTIONAL. I have not made it to Thailand, but know WONDERFUL flavors and excellent, fresh produce when I taste it. This was definitely it!! If you're wondering why 4 stars, I asked for less noodles, more veggies which much to my surprise they charged for. Never encountered this in a Thai restaurant before. Menu said mixed veggies in the description. Then put in a decent amount of mixed veggies, so not having to order extra! Paying extra for what was suppose to be part of the meal lost you a star. Rice does not come with meal either, that was another first for us. HOWEVER, the COCONUT RICE is...too...die...for, and definitely worth the $4. Pitcher of ice water with slice of lime provided free, which is hard to find and a nice touch.

Take out orders and doggie bags: Take out orders are about HALF the serving size of eating in, AND the use of plastic containers that leach chemicals into hot food were used!! I almost refused it. To add insult to injury, they charged 30 cents per container!! Another first for us. PLEASE, get sizable PAPER take out containers for the health of your customers, so they can receive the full value as eating in, and not worry about additional toxic chemicals in our food.

• Visited November 2013